Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Query on a Goldust DVD, Questions on WWE mocking WCW, the Usos, Dixie's parents, and TNA's music, Interviews with Angle, Kim, Tara, Magnus, and Daniels, Styles replies to Hogan, important day for Vickie, Piper to do Roundtable?, more from Austin to Lesnar, and another Tribute to the Troops airdate

First up, someone asked the blog if there will be a DVD on Goldust. I haven't heard any suggestion of it being made or being considered to be made, though it's always possible down the line.

As for my take on Saturday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Well, for that theory to be true, the WWE product would have to be almost as bad as that swill, and that isn't the case. I think the fact that you claim that you can better believe in a Cyclops wrestling or Kevin Nash being the Wizard of Oz than what's going in WWE says more about you than it does about them. WWE.com posts all sorts of things all the time. That was just another in the long line of things they thought people would be interested in seeing/reading about. They did a similar feature recently on boring tag teams which included a number of ex-WWE teams. For that matter, they've shown things from the Attitude Era. Don't read much into what they post there.

Nothing to add to 2. As for 3, they've been on NXT pretty regularly the past month or so. It's fairly common for there to be cameos from the main roster. Heck, Daniel Bryan worked there recently. So have Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks, JTG, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi Tatsu, Percy Watson, AJ, and Maxine. It's been a diamond in the rough lately.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and questions, starting with whether Dixie Carter's parents will ever appear in TNA.
4. I'm kind of under the impression that they're pretty busy with Panda Energy, so I doubt it.

5. Last I heard, I man by the name of Dale Oliver did a lot of it, but maybe Serg does more of it now. I know he did Beer Money's music. He sings it if I'm not mistaken.

Kurt Angle had another interview talking BFG and the Olympics. I'm split on whether I think TNA should have Roode beat him. We'll see how the Olympics work out in time.

Gail Kim talked more about her leaving WWE and if she'll go back to TNA. If only it was as simple as hard work being rewarded.

Tara talked about not being on the card at Bound For Glory and working with Brooke Tessmacher. Another disgruntled employee not happy with how they're being used. What a shock... seriously though, I like that she's teaching the improving Brooke the ropes.

Magnus talked about his career. His original TNA gimmick was pretty bizarre. I think the accents would give them away no matter where they were billed from, and I haven't seen enough of him to know if he's future World Champion material but that's pretty high praise. Especially for someone as young as Magnus.

Christopher Daniels was interviewed about the upcoming Bound For Glory PPV. I miss Curry Man.Very fun off-the-wall character. He should team with Shark Boy again! I guess that wouldn't fly in the more serious TNA we have now though.

Speaking of Daniels, his appearance at BFG was promoted by Monstersandcritics.com (what a name!).

AJ Styles retweeted a few anti-Hogan comments, and expressed his own frustration at what Hogan said recently. TNA's becoming more entertaining behind the scenes than on-camera.

Vickie Guerrero tweeted about the personal significance of the Mexico City TV tapings. Also, she has really gotten in good shape.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper talked about the possibility of doing a Legends Roundtable appearance with WWE. Even his tweets are great promos!

Stone Cold took another shot at Brock Lesnar. I don't know specifically what he's referring to but I'm pretty hyped for a potential match between those two. It's a long shot, though.

USA network will air Tribute to the Troops (the 2 hour version) on Tuesday 12/13. That was kind of confusing last year. I think they even recorded two sets of commentary like the second airing was a second show with the same matches! I've never covered that kind of thing before. I guess I'd cover both? We'll see.

That's all for Saturday's news. More to come tomorrow, including how I'd book Bound For Glory. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment