Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 2, 2011

WWE Hell in a Cell thoughts

Tonight, WWE brings out one of the most feared structures in all of wrestling. Locked inside will be Mark Henry, defending his World Championship against Randy Orton. In Raw's main event, John Cena will face the threats of C.M. Punk and Alberto Del Rio. Who will leave the Cell as WWE Champion? Also on tap, two Sin Caras collide, Sheamus gets "one more match" with Christian, and Beth Phoenix gets her hands on Kell Kelly once more. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens!

Cole, Booker, and JR. This should be interesting.

Didn't expect Miz and R-Truth this early. Nor did I expect Laurinaitis to be throwing them out.

Christian's absolutely phenomenal. It's never the same match with him.

I wouldn't have expected Sheamus to go to the top rope as much as he does.

Christian's the current equivalent of Shawn Michaels or Chris Jericho in that he can put on an amazing match and even look pretty strong in a loss.

Good lucha libre to start. It's good to see every once in a while.

Please tell me both of these guys stick around. Even if one of them goes to Raw or something.

"Boring" must be some kind of Creole slang for "this is pretty awesome".

2 for 2 in very solid matches tonight. I hope this isn't over.

Good segment between Punk and Otunga.

I purposely avoided booking this match earlier because I wanted them to save it for the next PPV.  Everyone has their different philosophies on when to do matches.

WWE's really pulling the reins off with talents lately. Very impressive match-up.

Nice fire by Orton. I mean, you pretty much have to go right after Henry in this environment.

And they said they couldn't do a Cell match in PG...

Booker, ya killin' me, dog. No DQs or count-outs in a Cell match.

Solid freakin' match. No misses yet tonight.

And THAT'S how you do violence without blood or shots to the head. Very good stuff for the sadistic among us.

Definitely didn't expect to see that design come back.

Interesting developments here.

Oh shi- Figure 4. Didn't expect that either!

Pretty solid match-up. Again. Hopefully this means Morrison's sticking around.

I like where this is going. I like it a lot.

Jesus Christ. That was a WWE Divas match? Some of the best work I've seen out of either of them in years. Whoever's changing things in WWE these past couple of months deserves a raise.

Well, once they replace Booker on commentary...

Hell of a start. Could we reach the rare entirely-good show tonight?

Time for a "WWE" or "This is awesome" chant, New Orleans.

EPIC heel move by Del Rio. I love it.

Awesome. Absolutely f***ing awesome. Top to bottom a phenomenal and outstanding show. Five-star event, despite a few tiny mishaps (Booker). WWE has raised the bar lately and deserve a lot of praise for it. I'm genuinely excited about the product, moreso than I have been in years. Can't wait to see where things go from here.

That's all for Hell in a Cell. I'll be back tomorrow for Raw. A news post will be up shortly after midnight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment