Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 23, 2011

WWE Vengeance thoughts

Tonight, WWE COO Triple H steps back into the ring with the man who took him to the limit at Night of Champions. Only this time, they're teammates. Their opponents are the newly reinstated Miz and R-Truth. Also, Alberto Del Rio looks to keep his WWE Championship by fending off John Cena in a Last Man Standing Match. Mark Henry defends his World Heavyweight Championship against the man he put out of action for a number of months, the Big Show. Will anything be left when these two juggernauts collide? Plus, a number of other title and grudge matches. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Kingston and Ziggler always work well together.

So far, so great with this match.

Solid start to the show. I like all four of these guys and hope we see more of them.

Haha, sucks to be Ziggler right now.

Another fine match. I think Ryder will get his time in the sun if they do a rematch.

This segment will promptly be ignored by the people alleging that HHH and Punk were thrown together as friends for no reason because WWE is stupid.

That was an interesting spot by Eve.

Didn't see this match ending up this good. Please don't go back to wanting girly matches after this!

Not bad at all. More Divas in good matches (outside of NXT) please!

I really hope Big Show doesn't kill Henry's momentum here.

These two are great together.

I'd be really ok with this feud continuing a while longer as long as the match quality is this solid.

I halfway expected this to headline, or at least be close to it.

Wow, HHH and Punk are being pretty heelish here.

Too much of HHH looking better than the younger guys here.

Meh, not a bad match. Just not what I was hoping for.

Dear God I hope we're not in for another round of HHH vs. Nash. They got too much focus in this one, . Followup will be key. I've got my fingers crossed for Miz, R-Truth, and Punk being the stars once this is over, with HHH and Nash going back to the sidelines. No guarantees, though.

Rhodes is making the most of this opportunity!

FFFFFFFFF..... things were going so well until the ending. I think it helped Rhodes some, but not as much as I would have liked.

This match is pretty good drama-wise, though I don't like Big Show getting this big of a rub.

Awesome spot to close that one. Great job by both men in this match, even though I'm usually harsh on Big Show.

Well then, this will be interesting.

Great match so far. Two very good workers here.

Cena passing out to a submission? No way.

I love Ricardo.

This is amazing. I'm loving it.

NO, NO, NO. STAY DOWN!! That would have been perfect!

Actually, you know what. That's fine, too. Del Rio looks better with that happening. Someone finally found a way to keep Cena down that doesn't involve throwing him through a searchlight. It took a LOT though.

All in all, mostly a pretty good show. There were a couple of hiccups booking-wise that might end up working out in time. This could have been a LOT worse.

That's all for my look at Vengeance. I'll be back tomorrow for Raw. A news post will be up after midnight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment