Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 10/28/11

Last Sunday at Vengeance, the WWE ring found out what happens when the World's Strongest Man superplexes the World's Largest Athlete. What wasn't found out, however, was who was the better man. The World Heavyweight Title picture will be cleared up tonight, and we'll begin the Smackdown road to Survivor Series. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens!
I bet Christian wants one more match!


C.M. Punk and Christian in a segment together? My body is ready.

All this crossover is great, but I get the feeling it will lose its specialness in time.

This is kind of a weird promo from Punk, but whatever.

Christian made a pretty good point there.

This is a PG show! At 8 p.m.!

I love Christian's heel logic. So twisted.

That promo got pretty cool towards the end. Felt fresh compared to the typical Smackdown opening.

The Miz and R-Truth being on Smackdown should be a really big deal given what they've done in the past few months.

I love Awesome Truth. If they're going to rehash the nWo, these two are the guys to do it with.

If these two can't convincingly beat Air Boom, what odds do they have against John Cena and The Rock?

I like Air Boom, but this needs to be a win for the Survivor Series main eventers.

Miz was the WWE Champion at WrestleMania. He SHOULD be upset that he's not in next year's main event announced the next night.

Energy drinks would at least partially explain Booker's commentary.

Pretty awesome finisher.

They were kind of trapped between a rock and a hard place there. The Miz and R-Truth need to look in the same league as two of the top stars of the last 15 years. The tag team champions were kind of in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Very good promo from Awesome Truth. I think I'm hoping for a Rock double-cross.

I thought Hawkins was injured?

I didn't recognize Curtis at first.

Solid segment with Bryan and Kidd.

Orton would almost be believable beating both Ryder and Swagger.

I was wondering where Aksana had been. Is she ever going to wrestle?

I love Wade Barrett. Solid on the mic and in the ring. Push this man!

I want to see Barrett feud with Booker T, since he's apparently coming back to the ring for a bit later in the year.

Too much BS from Cole on commentary. Par for the course, though.

Props go to Barreta for playing his part pretty well here. Wade looked pretty good with him selling.

Orton vs. Ziggler could be pretty awesome I think.

And here's your out to have Orton lose.

Booker's commentary is terrible sometimes.

Rhodes on the other hand is good though odd.

I think that was the lesson on Sunday. Rhodes isn't able to beat Orton yet, but he's getting there.

Clever use of Vickie.

I like Rhodes' commentary, and the seemingly rare putting over of strategy in the ring.

Ziggler's looking nice here.

That superkick spot!!!

Not a bad match at all. Ziggler lost, but put up a good fight. Good stuff.

I'm glad Rhodes might get another shot at beating Orton.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks weird that Sin Cara I has that little bit of hair below his mask?

I like this guy. He's got pretty good expressions and timing. I hope there's more from him against Sin Cara.

Can Brodus do all of his promos like that? Kick-ass video package.

This will be GOOD.

Both of these guys can go.

I'd like to see more from this feud. I wish the match went longer, but no, we've got to insult JR again.

Nice Broski signs.

This is terrible.

Glad that they're selling the injuries to Big Show and Mark Henry.

I'm just not into Big Show's promos anymore. I don't think he's bad or anything. Just for some reason I don't like seeing him much these days.

I like the reinforced ring idea. It feels old-school for some reason.

Mark Henry on the other hand I really enjoy listening to in 2011.

On paper this is two big lugs around the age of 40 who've taken over a decade worth of bumps. But the story's good enough that it makes up for it.

Nice stuff. Save the next clash for the PPV.

Punk and Christian are two of my favorite workers in the business right now, so I'm looking forward to this one.

The only thing miring this one so far is the commentary.

I'm glad Mathews brought up that he DID say he respects him, just in a jerk way.

Heck yeah, Del Rio. That was pretty cool.

Fine match so far, but it'd pretty much have to be with these two.

I think these two can have good matches with anyone.

That was awesome. The run-ins and such added to the match and feuds in my opinion.

That's all for a very late look at Smackdown. A news post will be up presently. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment