Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 9/30/11

Time's counting down until Sunday's Hell in a Cell PPV. The seemingly unstoppable juggernaut Mark Henry will defend his World Heavyweight Championship on that date against the man he took the title from, Randy Orton. But before he finds out exactly how dangerous being locked in a cell with a Viper is, he comes to Orton's home town of St. Louis for Smackdown. With a $250,000 fine levied against him recently by the COO Triple H , he will NOT be in a good mood. As for Orton, tonight he has one more match against a constant thorn in his side lately, Christian. Everyone else from Smackdown will be looking to impress heading into the event as well. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.


 Didn't expect things to start with Booker.

Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes. Should be something to see.

Haha, Kozlov doesn't even get a mention. Then again, Punk talked about him being released.

I love Mark Henry's character right now. No moral gray areas, no redeemable qualities, just a mean behemoth.

That's a pretty sick metaphor.

Strong promo by Henry. He could very well be the best character in wrestling right now.

Khali could be a big threat to Henry if they wanted him to be. I don't think many people would want to see that happen, though.

Not many people can make Henry look small.

I don't remember anyone kicking out of that chop.

Big slam. I might have had him face a lot of smaller (indy) wrestlers going into Sunday, but this works, too.  Especially if Khali takes time off now.

At least Jinder wasn't totally forgotten here. I was hoping he'd try to finish the job Henry started.

Swagger coming out to Ziggler's music's a little surprising.

Bourne's doing well for someone who's normally in quick matches.

These teams are going at it on Sunday, right? Good stuff to set up a future tag team title match.

Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara on Sunday makes sense. Will they come out to the same music? Also where the heck is Averno (I believe he's still working EMLL)?

It looks weird that there's a little bit of hair below the mask.

I hate Slater's song.

I legitimately can't tell the two Sin Caras apart. I think this is the one who was Mistico.

Wow, Slater got steamrolled.

He's better in tune with the crowd now.

I love the evil Sin Cara get-up.

They're referencing their past in Mexico. Interesting. Hunico wrestled as Mystico there.

I hope they both stick around. They've both been very good.

They should do a career retrospective of Henry making it to where he is now. Good video package.

I hope that this doesn't lead to HHH snapping and laying out a bunch of talents with sledgehammers. Very good video though.

The anti-conspiracy group continues to grow. I like how this is building.

Beth doesn't sound as intimidating here.

Didn't see the match going quite like that. I think we could see Kelly retain on Sunday.

That move looks absolutely brutal. And they say PG means no violence.

Rhodes fits his role so well. That mask gives him a distinct voice.

Good promo by Sheamus.

I think this could be a future WWE Title match.

They're finally hard selling how important HIAC is.

I wonder what name they'll come up with for the group of people suing WWE. Nice continuation of the feud; Rhodes didn't lose the title either so he's good as well.

JTG's a member of the Raw roster believe it or not.

JTG's trying to make a point indeed.

There's going to be a party in LI!

I wonder if the new VP of Talent Relations (who'll work with or under Laurinaitis) will end up on TV.

Del Rio doesn't seem like someone who'd fit in a HIAC match, but we'll see.

Pretty good promo by Orton to sell his chances in the match.

Punching with a closed fist allegedly used to be an instant DQ.

Someone tell Chris Jericho that Orton just used one of Lou Thesz's moves.

These guys play off of each other incredibly well. I haven't seen some of this from Orton before.

I love Christian blatantly stealing his former partner's finishing move.

No count-outs for Orton's match on Sunday!

How Rhodes pulls that move off is beyond me.

I was hoping for the other plaintiffs, but this makes more sense in the story.

Good mind game by Orton. Should be good on Sunday.

Another good show. WWE's had a good deal more hit than miss lately.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back for Hell in a Cell on Sunday. A news post will be up later in the day. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment