Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Query on the Hardys-WWE, Jericho "update", Questions on Storm's title win, WWE redoing the Show superplex angle, HHH vs. Nash at Mania, Carlito returning, and "revealing" headlines, more on the Halls, Masters talks addiction, Marys issues statement on release, and former WWF star has prostate cancer

It's query time again:
1. As far as I know, there are no plans for Matt Hardy to return to WWE as a performer once his stint in rehab ends. Right now, that's the #1 priority. How he comes out of that will determine where they go from there. He stated a few months back that he's done as a full-time wrestler. Jeff is still signed to TNA. I'm not sure what the odds are of him "jumping ship" but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. We'll see when his contract comes up, whenever that may be.

Chris Jericho continues to state that he has no plans to return to WWE. New rule: I'm not going to report on this until there's a tangible update. It's not really news.

On to my take on PWInsider.com's questions:
1. Simply put, they decided at the last minute that Storm was better for that role than Roode was and changed plans accordingly. Did it throw a huge monkey wrench into what they were doing? Yes. But they might end up being right in the long run.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and questions, starting with Big Show breaking the ring.

2. It's been 8 years. That's an eternity in wrestling time! I have absolutely zero problem with them reusing that, similar to them reusing the "fake screaming of 'I Quit'" during Miz/Cena. Those spots are so good that they can be brought back once enough time has passed.

3. I actually do remember the 2003 feud. I think I even pointed it out recently. And I don't think 52 and (especially) 42 are quite THAT old. Anyway, it could theoretically happen. It definitely wouldn't be Cena/Rock, but I think there's a chance HHH could pull a watchable match out of him if they use enough weapons and other tricks. I'm not looking forward to it, personally.

4. I don't see it happening either. He wasn't happy there (at least toward the end of his run), and I don't think they were too happy with him either. I agree that he was enjoyable to watch, though.

5. It's a cheap ploy to get people to click. And it generally works.

Cody and Dana Hall talked about the former's future in wrestling. I wish him the best. That'd be a heck of a story.

Chris Masters has a new video out giving his take on a number of recent things in wrestling, including addiction. Nice listen. I hope his wrestling career in major promotions isn't over.

Maryse issued a statement about her release from WWE. I hope she achieves everything she wants to in life, inside wrestling or outside of it.

And in a sad note to end to day, Jacques Rougeau has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. That's very unfortunate to hear.

That's all for Sunday's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment