Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 10/7/11

Mark Henry successfully retained his World Heavyweight Championship inside Hell in a Cell, but not without taking a beating from Randy Orton. If one ticked-off challenger wasn't enough, tonight features the return of another victim of the Hall of Pain, Big Show. Plenty more fallout in store tonight as well. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Well, if both rosters walk out (like on Raw), Smackdown's screwed, too.

Big Show coming back could be fairly big, and that's not a stupid pun. I hope he's as motivated as Henry is.

I enjoy these guys and their heel mindsets.

Wait, so the COO's just going to leave Smackdown under Long's control permanently? That's at least a partial concession in my book.

I wonder if this group will get a cool name. Good promos from everyone.

Maybe Raw really will just be a handful of people competing!

Nice main event. Good mix of established and up-and-coming guys. Back in the day, people didn't suddenly jump from midcard to main event.

Nice promo by Del Rio to set up his match.

So I guess the Sin Caras will remain in different costumes.

These two should headline the Mexican TV tapings.

That German suplex looked nasty. There's a reason you don't see it much.

They're not really going to call them Sin Cara Azul and Sin Cara Negro are they?

Didn't expect to see Sin Cara lose cleanly there.

I like Del Rio refusing to release the hold. Heels do bad things!

I was hoping for evil Sin Cara. I love his whole look and persona. They did a great job making him the opposite.

That explanation from Booker was corny.

I like that they're actually treating the shows as separate brands this week (as far as people being able to appear on it if they don't like Raw).

I don't know if I should call then Swaggler or Swiggler, but I like them jumping Air Boom. I think I preferred the combined entrance music better than the new tune, though.

Handicap match. Natural way to build sympathy for a babyface.

I hope these guys don't split anytime soon. Great fit.

I like all four of these guys. They continue to gain experience towards possible levelling up moving up the card.

I wonder if Beth will change the Divas' Title design. It's rather Barbie-ish.

BETH'S GONNA KILL YOU.

Very athletic by Alicia near the ropes. Didn't see that coming.

Looks like they're making tiers in the Divas' division.

Glad that he didn't put that fire out before it it blazed this brightly.

I think he might have lost some weight? Glad he could be refreshed. He certainly has more spring in his step.

Pretty good promo we got going here. I like Show better when he isn't just a big guy looking to beat people up.

Big Show's fired up! No goofy "Knucklehead" or Pee-wee stuff here.

It was actually the WCW Title then, but the belt design is considered to be the same.

I like that Big Show doesn't just get a World Title match.

That was better than I was expecting.

Enjoyable Orton promo.

Brodus looks like a killer in that package. He's still a little rough around the edges, but I like him overall.

How 'bout I scoop slam your sh*t?

Fun stuff. Jinder's kind of derailed at present, though.

People can always go to NXT if things go south. That would be something, no?

Did he live under the ring on NXT or something?

There's got to be more of a point to this, right?

I guess that's a no.

Ask Cody Rhodes how well groups work with Randy Orton.

Welp, at least Rhodes got to work with main eventers.

It feels weird that they're promoting a Raw that might not have people showing up. Tune in to see if anyone will actually be there!

A good old-fashioned brawl here. Tried and true set-up.

Surely Big Show's going to be fined for heinously taking out security?

Hey, that's Mark Henry's shtick.

Anyone have a Booker T. bingo card? "Oh my goodness" should be on there if someone makes it.

Step 1 complete.

I was about to say, no way would they have Show destroy Henry his first week back. Hey, the next PPV is called Vengeance after all.

Solid ending. I like the re-start to Henry-Show so far.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back Monday for Raw. The news for 10/7 will be up soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment