Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 10/14/11

Tonight on Smackdown, Big Show continues on his warpath towards the World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry. With less than 2 weeks until Vengeance, which of these massive behemoths will have the advantage? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

I think it'd be a bit of a letdown if Henry/Show doesn't end up a crazy brawl. They've already involved chairs and an announce table; are they really going to settle things in just a one-on-one match?

Is it bad that I instantly thought we were getting a tag match tonight when they announced Long?

That's actually pretty cool. Not sure how many episodes that is, though.

Did Laurinaitis have some kind of operation on his throat or something to where he sounds like that?

Well, they're throwing a lot out there tonight.

A bit odd to me that NXT rookies are eligible for this. Striker's in there too! I guess they just wanted to make history.

Wow, this is a mess.

I love me a battle royal. 41's a crazy number of people, though.

See how much winning NXT means?

I hope no one had JTG winning this one.

Making fun of Booker never gets old. Does it help the product? Nope.

Someone should challenge for the Internet Championship.

So many people...

Where's the good guy Sin Cara?

I think to some degree they just came up with this as a gimmick to get people in the building tonight.

On one hand, this introduces people to some people they haven't seen in a while if at all, and confirms that NXT still exists.

Never change, Santino.

Zack Ryder vs. Christian... that brings back some memories of the ECW brand. Good times, good times.

Pretty cool ankle lock spot.

Hey, Ryder lasted longer than he would have before his Internet show.

Sheamus and Zeke? Awesome.

Sheamus is on fire here.

Sheamus vs. Christian never gets old to me.

Jinder gets an opportunity to build his way back up after some questionable booking.

Took them way too long to get to HHH/Punk vs. Miz/R-Truth.

That last however many minutes was awesome. A lot of fun stuff.

Has Orton feuded with Miz yet? That'd be one to watch.

I don't think there are any babyface champions for Miz to face anyway unless he goes for the tag titles.

Great ending.

I think they could have gotten another PPV out of Orton/Henry.

Oddly enough I thought that was Maryse and not Kelly when I first saw her.

I hope Del Rio's faction is still together.

They're going through a lot of big first-time matches lately.

That's a good question come to think of it. Does Long have jurisdiction over the Raw stars tonight because it's his show, or does Laurinaitis because they're on his roster?

Another LOD reference from the DOD. I like it.

And that's why you don't do flashy moves in a wrestling match.

I was kind of hoping they'd take out Eve, but I guess she's the next challenger.

Oh shi- Evil Sin Cara doesn't play.

Is this leading to a "dress as your opponent" match?

This is confusing. The commentators are making this hard to follow.

They're actually already in Mexico as this airs.

They're not writing the other one off, are they? I like both of them.

They need to make merch for the other Sin Cara with a different color scheme.

A tag team champion, U.S. Champion, and Internet Champion all in one match!

Sheamus vs. Del Rio could be Mania-worthy.

Both of these guys are pretty good. I hope both become main event mainstays.

Del Rio gets the win, but it took 2 interferers to give it to him, so Sheamus (who got in a lot of offense) is protected. Smart.

Hmm, what kind of gimmick match should the next round of Sheamus vs. Christian be?

Swagger and Ziggler, former World Champions. Hard to believe, no?

New entrance for Ryder! I like that his hard work is being rewarded.

If it weren't for Mathews, I'd just tune commentary out.

Kofi gets the whole "involve the crowd in the match" thing.

Uh-oh. Ziggler used a move  associated with a former wrestler. Jericho's going to be ticked.

If Del Rio's group is still together, I think they should bring McGillicutty into the fold since he's Otunga's buddy and all.

And that was for Ryder's roommate!!

That Rough Ryder counter was pretty tight. They play off of each other well.

Ziggler better be TICKED after that one.

Miz, Truth, and Punk could end up super-over if WWE plays their cards right next Sunday.

These Irish stories are hilariously random. It's a little bit like a face version of R-Truth's gimmick.

I figured we'd see more of Big Show tonight, but they had the random battle royal.

I'd have liked Orton/DiBiase vs. Henry/Rhodes, but they don't ask me.

Since when is the World's Strongest Man (who put a number of people on the shelf) winning an upset?

These two work together better than you'd perhaps think on paper.

So, if Orton wins, does he face Big Show or does it become a triple threat?

Does anyone else get annoyed with how Booker says "Orton"?

He actually beat 40 men, but whatever.

That Splash would have looked brutal.

I'm a bit surprised that Henry let Rhodes get some on Orton.

I'm guessing Henry/Rhodes vs. Orton/Show next week? Fine by me. Hopefully Rhodes gets some elevation there working with three top names.

That's all for Smackdown right there. Awwww my goodness. I'll be back for Bound For Glory on Sunday and a news post will be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment