Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Another international tour for WWE, more Steiner vs. Hogan, DA praises TNA, remembering Warrior, Interviews with Manik/Hogan/Angle, NXT surgery, Attitude Era content to the Network, Tough Enough logo revealed, and Questions on cutting HoF speeches, a new brand split, HHH/Steph vs. Rock/Rousey, "saving" Bray, and WWE keeping it simple

WWE will be touring Mexico October 16 through 18. As talented as the Lucha Dragons are, I think WWE could need some more Latin names to bolster the roster and do better in Spanish-speaking countries.

TMZ has more info on the Steiner-Hogan altercation. I'm sure the airport has video of what went down.

Update: San Jose Mercury News picked up the story. The Hogans should probably seek a restraining order.

Destination America put out another press release talking about TNA's ratings. I expect the two sides to continue to benefit each other for the foreseeable future.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Las Vegas promotion Paragon Pro Wrestling is set to appear on Pop TV, formerly the TV Guide Network, beginning this summer. That channel has pretty good penetration, so I think they could do fairly well for themselves.

Dana Warrior talked about the anniversary of her husband's death. Very touching words.

Manik talked about the future of TNA and more. It sounds like things will pick up for them this summer.

Hulk Hogan addressed criticism about him inducting Randy Savage into the Hall of Fame: I'm just glad Savage got in!

- It is pretty cool new generations can discover classic moments like Hogan slamming Andre.

- I think Hogan messing up Superdome actually added to that segment in hindsight. Even legends can make mistakes.

- I think I'd actually be down for Bad News Barrett making a new Nexus and them beating the nWo at WM32. I don't know if the nWo would really be able to do work that match, but it's interesting angle. DX vs. nWo is another option, but I don't see that one going long given the age of everyone involved.

- He has good points about the business then vs. now.

Kurt Angle talked about working WWE vs. TNA and more:
- I would have loved to have seen Brock shoot-wrestle Show and Angle.

- I also would have loved to have seen some big WWE clashes involving Angle and the current roster.

- Heyman in TNA instead of Hogan and Bischoff could have been huge. Talk about your "what if" scenarios.

- Angle has a lot of pull in TNA given his name value and work ethic. That isn't true for everyone there.

- I'm really glad Angle's clean, and I hope that continues.

NXT star Hugo Knox went under the knife for a torn biceps recently. It's a shame he's already needing surgery this early into things.

WWE will be adding Raw episodes from 1998 to the Network next week. That's what a lot of people have been really waiting for!

Vince McMahon tweeted a teaser for the new Tough Enough. Can Miz and Mizdow be the head trainers? I'd watch the hell out of that.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. My thoughts pretty much echo theirs. I'd be OK with them cutting some speeches short on a case-by-case basis.

2. No, but I do think it would be good for them to cycle some fresher faces into the mix at the expense of some people who aren't doing much of interest.

3. I think WWE definitely wants it to happen! WM32 would be the perfect place for it.

4. Oh, boy. The feud with Cena is basically ancient history by now. He was booked pretty strongly at the end of 2014 going into the feud with Taker. There's nothing to say he can't still be an important part of the show. I'd love to see him get The Ascension as his new followers (and maybe someone else from NXT?) and target some hard-working babyfaces.

5. They usually do keep it so simple as to be formulaic. That was actually a more complicated show than we usually get, with new champions doing their thing, writing off a big star for a few months, two debuts, and other new angles established. You can't do that every week.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment