Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 30, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 4/29/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
WWE puts together some great video packages before shows like NXT.

Good Owens promo. He's someone worth investing in.

Owens vs. Regal would be something worth seeing if Regal can still pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Owens is a natural asshole.

I love how they've been able to keep Zayn and Owens mostly apart. If they collide at Takeover, it will be huge.

There's some real chemistry and history between Owens and Zayn. This promo work is awesome as a result.

I'm really looking forward to the next Takeover special. I wonder how much more they'll be doing with Zayn after that. It's really time to move him up once this feud's over. Honestly the only reason to not bring him up immediately is to give some more time for Neville to breathe.

Wesley and Blake remain kind of bland, but maybe adding Alexa Bliss to things will help them. All three of them could use some more opportunities to show what they can do.

I liked the Zayn/Regal/Riley segment. Riley has some real fire in him.

Enzo is O-W-V-E-R OWVER. I hope this ends up translating to the main roster at some point.

Not a bad match. I think Enzo and Big Cass are improving, which is good. Blake and Murphy are still rough around the edges. Hopefully they'll be getting more experience on live events.

Not a bad promo from Becky Lynch. I thing she's got potential to be someone.

The Bayley/Emma feud is a bit out of nowhere, but it's good.

Baron Corbin is a hoss. It's a shame we haven't seen enough of him as a wrestler to warrant him getting a real push. He's currently stuck in a rut.

I'm guessing Emma distracts Bayley for Dana to win. We'll see.

Bayley's continuing to find her calling in the ring. She's talented and becoming more and more polished. I see good things coming up for her.

Dana Brooke is obviously really strong, but she's still rough as a wrestler. More experience will be key.

That sounds like a great #1 Contendership match! We've already gotten Owens vs. Balor, so I imagine next is Owens vs. Itami. That could be pretty solid.

I love the contrast between Itami and Rose here.

Itami seems to be getting better inside a WWE ring. I'm liking his progress.

That match ended a bit too early for my liking, but both guys did good things.

I'm fine with another round of Bayley vs. Emma at Takeover if that's what they're planning.

Becky Lynch is growing on me. I'm looking forward to her title match.

Lynch's opponent is no slouch.

Not a bad match at all. I don't think Lynch is ready to be NXT Women's Champion, but I definitely see good things coming from her.

I like seeing this version of Rhyno. Him taking the likes of Corbin under his wing could be cool. Whatever happened to Bull Dempsey?

Owens on commentary could be pretty fun.

Riley's doing pretty well for himself. Obviously few can match up with Zayn, though.

Owens is such an evil bastard. It's great.

WWE has done a great job building sympathy for Riley. The apron powerbomb looks SICK.

Nice ending to the show. Takeover should be AMAZING.

Main Event:
I liked the opening match pretty well. It's kind of a shame The Ascension are down to being nobodies after they won all those squash matches, but it is what it is. Nice to see PTP teaming again.

The one downside to the KOTR special is Main Event basically got hosed in the process. I'm guessing Superstars will, too. They could have just had the KOTR special in place of Main Event?

Stardust has a pretty good spark to him, and Swagger's obviously technically sound. It's good to see the two of them get a longer match like this.

Stardust and Swagger really turned things up in the second half of that match. I was quite impressed.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment