Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Foley and JR on the Network updates, Smackdown dark match, Interviews with Batista/Helms, and Questions on Stephanie getting her comeuppance, EC3 vs. Spud, Cena vs. Rusev, backstage at WWE, and Cena's new move

Jim Ross could also tape a special for the WWE Network on Friday after Mick Foley. Foley's show will include JR, JBL, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Becky Lynch, and Scotty 2 Hotty. That's a pretty cool lineup!

Brad Maddox worked a dark match before Smackdown. I wonder what the future holds for him after being paid to sit at home for so long.

Batista talked about potentially returning to WWE. I'm surprised he'd consider just working live events. At one point, I seem to remember him wanting to have one last run concluding with a WrestleMania rematch with Triple H.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Hurricane Helms talked about a number of WWE and TNA topics. I wouldn't mind him on commentary if that's what the best use for him is. That was a really good read overall.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I don't see WWE going to the male-female violence days for a long time, if at all. Society has really changed in that regard (some would say it was never OK to begin with). WWE definitely has a totally different audience now.

2. It was something! EC3 beat the ever-loving hell out of Spud. I think both of them will be remembered for that for a long time.

3. I see Cena winning, but people will definitely complain no matter what the result is. Rusev doesn't need to beat Cena to keep getting heat. I kind of want to see him lose and go after Bryan's IC Title instead. Either way, I want to see him just go ballistic on people with that chain to show he's still a force to be reckoned with. Like "Demon Kane" levels of kicking ass.

4. It's probably much less interesting than you'd think.

5. I'm also not a big fan of it. It feels like something added to his arsenal just for the novelty of it instead of another tool to win a match.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment