Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 16, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 4/15/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
Crowe still seems to be finding himself in NXT. They already have the lunatic fringe in Ambrose. They've got the "big guy who can move" in Owens. He's not working like a submission expert, so that's an odd choice, too. Definitely still a work in progress.

Also, it's a shame to see CJ Parker leave. BUT if he comes back in a few years with some serious training from the indies, maybe he can really be something.

I'm ready to see something new from Corbin. He needs an angle.

Pretty good Zayn promo. I hope he's coming to the main roster around the time of Summerslam.

I love Enzo and Big Cass. I'm getting New Age Outlaws vibes from them.

Cool to finally see Shoot Nation on the show.

I'm getting a bit of a WGTT vibe from Fulton and Dawkins. They've got a good foundation, and I hope they build on that. Enzo and Cass are still coming along as wrestlers. But, hey, that's what NXT's for.

Where the hell has this Alex Riley been? He's been great lately!

So-so debut from Brooke. She's obviously got strength and athleticism. She's just still kind of rough around the edges. But that's OK! NXT is where she can learn.

I'm excited for next week's show! I wonder how much more they'll get from Charlotte down here.

Props to NXT for getting me to care about Rhyno. That hasn't been true for a while.

Zayn vs. Rhyno was pretty good for setting up another Zayn/Owens clash. I don't know when the next big NXT special is, but ending the Zayn/Owens feud there in a big clash would be great.

Main Event:
I missed Bo Dallas SO much. He has his gimmick nailed down.

I liked that match well enough to re-establish Bo.

I missed Layla a good deal, too. Nice match with Emma. I'm glad we're seeing the latter more.

Good enough match between Jimmy and Woods. Woods is a pretty solid wrestler. There's just not much for him to do as a singles guy.

The "tag the corners" gimmick is really dumb. I can buy being linked together with the big chain to beat the other guy with, but tagging the corners is really silly for a fight. It's like a game middle schoolers would play.

Ziggler vs. Rusev was really good. They play off each other quite well. A top athlete can work with just about anyone, and Ziggler fits that to a T. Now I want to see Rusev beat the living hell out of someone with a Russian chain to sell his match at Extreme Rules. Have him interrupt Adam Rose vs. R-Truth or something and clean house.

More wrestling coming up.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment