Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Raw Reax - 4/13/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I'm glad Cena's promo was short and to the point. If more of them were like that, I think he'd be less hated by his detractors.

Cena vs. Barrett was really good. So far, this challenge is doing a good job of showing the talent of some of WWE's midcard guys. Barrett had a good showing, and Cena remains solid. I'm not crazy about the new springboard move, but I do have to give him props for adding another move to his arsenal.

I was fine with that post-match. I hope Rusev at least gives Cena a good ass-kicking on the way to Cena retaining.

Why is Rollins facing a former World Champion who's beaten him while Orton is facing someone who hasn't done anything of note in seemingly forever? I'm sure Cesaro will give Orton a hell of a match, but he doesn't seem like he's at that level. If Orton can beat Rollins clean, it shouldn't be hard for him to beat Cesaro.

I wonder who will be involved with the new Tough Enough. How about Jason Albert, given his new role in NXT?

I liked the battle royal OK. I do think part of me not being crazy about it was them not using it to re-introduce Charlotte or Tamina. It definitely made sense to have Paige win in the UK. I wouldn't mind her winning the Divas' Title, although I like the idea of Charlotte taking it from Nikki.

I couldn't care much less about Naomi turning heel, honestly. She's just not all that interesting.

I have no clue what Wyatt's talking about, but he cuts great promos. I can only wonder whom he's facing next.

It's great to see the Lucha Dragons on the main roster. They seem pretty smooth, especially against a team they've gone up against many a time.

I liked the fire Reigns showed there. Hopefully he continues to grow in his current spot on the card and does become someone the company can bank on. Show winning at Mania makes sense to build him up for Reigns to beat him a few more times before we presumably get Reigns vs. Rollins (or a triple threat rematch at Summerslam).

I wasn't crazy about Orton vs. Cesaro. That could have been amazing if it had more time. It was just there to set something else up, though.

I'm OK with this now being a handicap match. Maybe it should have been all along?

Good handicap match, although of course Orton just beat both tag champs single-handedly. I think it would have been kind of funny if they had had Natalya get involved so Kane could make it a three-on-one match.

I'm not crazy about getting Rollins vs. Kane instead of, say, Rollins vs. Ambrose once the Orton feud's done, but it would make sense.

I'm glad Ambrose made quick work of Rose. I hope Ambrose wins the WWE Title in the next 365 days, but we'll see.

Kane face turn incoming! That will make him interesting for a while. I feel like there's not much else to do with the character. Kane vs. The Authority, then what? If they're not doing Taker vs. Sting at WM32, I'd like to see some kind of ridiculously over-the-top gimmick match to end the careers of Taker and Kane. Maybe three stages of hell with an inferno match, casket match, and ending with buried alive? That's total fantasy booking. I see very little chance of it happening, and I think that feud has pretty much run its course.

Nice enough match between Stardust and Fandango. I thought they were both heels, though?

I guess Fandango is now officially a face. I'm cool with that. Can he drop Rosa Mendes now? Also, I think it's pretty much set we're done with Stardust vs. Goldust.

Interesting segment between Kane and Bryan. I actually kind of want them working together again.

I wasn't crazy about Rollins vs. Kane. Rollins should be booked stronger than this. Kane can easily look like a threat for the title by chokeslamming Mercury, Noble, and 539 security guys. There's no need to have him basically lay Rollins out.

Miz vs. Mizdow as kind of meh. They're obviously saving more for a rematch unless they're going to pull a Stardust vs. Goldust.

The PTP promo wasn't bad. I'm about ready for this to actually go somewhere.

Ryback vs. Harper was OK to get to the next story point. I feel like they're trying to do too many things at once.

That was a pretty good Naomi promo. Naomi's actually the last one left in WWE from NXT Season 3. That's somewhat surprising.

I think Ziggler tries too hard to be cool sometimes. Talented guy, but I think he's a 7 or an 8 trying to be a 10.

Ziggler vs. Neville was pretty good. I think Neville's definitely talented enough to have a secure place on the WWE roster, but will he get a big push?

Not a bad post-match. I wish Sheamus was feuding with Bryan, with Ziggler facing Barrett over #1 Contendership.

The double stipulation thing is kind of silly, but it's different from what we usually get.

Mostly a good final segment, although if Rollins can pick ANY stipulation, why not do something like handcuff Orton or something? I guess he's arrogant enough to think he can win if Orton can't do the RKO.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment