Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Raw Reax - 4/27/15

Read on for my take on Monday's Raw.

I liked the opening segment, even if it was a bit paint-by-numbers given how The Authority has been cracking for a while now. It almost makes Rollins the babyface to potentially have to defend against two competitors at the behest of the heel authority figure. And who's to say Kane won't insert himself? I will give WWE credit for separating the rest of The Authority from HHH and Stephanie, as they could draw all the attention from the WWE Champion. That's the last thing they should be doing. Rollins should be an important part of the show as he continues to prove himself. Keeping Cena away from the WWE Title picture also helps Rollins out.

I'm willing to give another chance to the King of the Ring concept. It used to be pretty meaningful.

I liked BNB vs. Ziggler from an action standpoint. They work pretty well together. I hope both are future WWE Champions.

Triple H is getting a lot of days off lately. I think it's good to let other characters be important by keeping him off-screen.

I like the heel turn for The New Day. They're pretty annoying.

I liked the tag team grudge match well enough. Hopefully Cesaro evens things up later with a win over Kofi.

Cena vs. Rusev should be good, even though we've seen it several times now.

I love Bo Dallas. He's a heat magnet.

There's your squash win for Ryback. It's a shame his character's pretty one-dimensional.

I wasn't too crazy about Wyatt attacking Ryback. That's a real step down from Undertaker. It really won't mean much to beat someone who's that far down the card.

I ALMOST want them to have Rusev beat Cena, but that would pretty much inevitably mean Cena goes back into the WWE Title picture. Maybe Lana can throw in the towel so Rusev doesn't actually have to quit? Him quitting would pretty much erase what's left of his aura from being undefeated for so long.

I actually wanted to see Slater vs. Cena, but I can see why they went the direction they did. I assume Lana's turning face at Payback. That could be interesting. Maybe she joins Ryback, since he's pretty bland by himself?

I wonder why Kane wouldn't put himself in the WWE Title hunt. What does he do at Payback otherwise? I hope the answer to that isn't "face Big Show."

Damn you, R-Truth. The spiders line gets me every time.

I liked R-Truth vs. Stardust. Stardust is pretty much back to where he was as Cody Rhodes, but the action was good.

I liked Rose vs. Fandango, but I'm pretty tired of Rosa Mendes as a character. She's been around a good while as a character and hasn't really done much of interest.

Putting Rose and Mendes together is fine by me. Can Fandango get The Bunny? Or at least get Emma as his dance partner?

That's one way to get people to care about Naomi vs. The Bellas! I think they can get another PPV out of this before Paige returns. I wouldn't mind Cameron being involved.

Brie vs. Naomi was pretty good. No complaints there.

King Ambrose could be AWESOME. Book it, WWE.

Nice match between Ambrose and Sheamus. Ambrose should be upset at Ziggler for costing him the match.

I wonder what stipulation they can put to the next Ziggler/Sheamus match.

The Sandow/Axel segment was OK, although it's clear neither man will really be doing anything in the near future. I think both are talented, though!

They're not wasting any time giving Kidd and Cesaro their rematch. I wonder what the tag team title picture looks like for Payback. Kidd, Cesaro, and Natalya vs. all three members of The New Day would be interesting.

I assume Ryback's just a sacrificial lamb for Wyatt. Eventually Bray's going to need to go after someone more interesting.

King Harper could be a lot of fun, too! I think it's too early for Neville to get that big of a rub. He's good, but I don't know if he's ready for that yet.

Hell of a match between Neville and Harper. I think both men have bright futures as far as having awesome matches goes.

Neville vs. Sheamus should be pretty awesome.

I wonder if the fact we haven't seen Big Show tonight means he'll interfere in the main event. I sure hope not.

This has been a really solid main event so far.

Rollins' back is against the wall and the odds are against him. That sounds like something they'd book a face into.

I'm not shocked at the Payback main event. It should be pretty good. Do we get Kane vs. Show or Kane vs. J&J Security or something underneath that?

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment