Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WWE Extreme Rules Reax

Read on for my detailed look at last night's WWE PPV.
Kickoff:
Naomi remains pretty bland, but I think she shows promise as a heel. I think I'd be down with her reuniting with Cameron. 

MELINA STATUS: BURIED!!!!!!  That seemed kind of out of nowhere.

I'm so excited for Ambrose vs. Harper. I think they're crazy enough to pull just about anything off.

There are some impressive physiques and resumes trying out. I hope they all know what they're getting into.

I hope we're not in for 1,000 C.M. Punk chants tonight. That ship has sailed so far, it's already circled the globe.

Bray Wyatt really needs to get a meaningful win. I liked the crazy promo.

BNB's promo was good to set up the match. Neville's a good choice to replace Bryan.

Remember when people thought Neville was going to be some kind of cartoon character on the main roster? He gets pyro in his entrance and has had competitive matches with former World Champions IN HIS FIRST MONTH. Only a mark would think he's not being used well.

Neville's athleticism and agility are absolutely insane. Great signing.

A King of the Ring special? Interesting. I wonder how that will work out in 2015.

King, if no one cares about Barrett, why the hell should we buy the Network to see him? Maybe the King of the Ring coming back means Lawler can finally disappear from commentary.

I've got to say, I had my doubts about Neville. He's doing fine for himself. But he hasn't had to really talk yet.

I think Neville's doing pretty damn good for himself to beat a former five-time Intercontinental Champion. I don't think it's realistic to expect him to be much higher than this so early into his WWE tenure. He's a talented guy, but he's still new here. He should have to earn his stripes before there's a legitimate gripe about him not being used as a top-tier player.

Way to bury the person asking about the mask, Kane.

Way to bury Kane, person asking if he's still relevant. He is, though. I think he's doing really damn well for himself to still have a big role so many years after this character debuted.

I kind of want to see one last Booker match. But against whom?

Extreme Rules:
Jon Moxley and Brodie Lee are going at it in a hardcore match on a WWE PPV. That's a big accomplishment for both of them.

I think commentary tries to shoehorn in too many non-WWE references.

This match already has better story than a lot of death matches where they just beat the hell out of each other with weapons.

Ambrose's "619" spot was pretty cool.

That was a pretty fun ending to Ambrose vs. Harper. You'd think Harper would have a dirty pickup truck with a spare tire in the back.

I'm getting flashbacks to the Backlot Brawl. This could be fun.

I wonder how much they can really do with Kane as a monster again after being the guy in the suit for so long. You can only go back to the well so many times.

Pretty good reaction for Ziggler. I'd much rather hear that than "C.M. Punk" chants all night.

I think Sheamus actually looks pretty badass other than what's in his beard.

Cool counter from the steps by Ziggler.

Unless this is some way to humiliate Ziggler, I see no reason to have this dumb stipulation. They're both too talented for something so bad.

Nice powerbomb spot from Sheamus. I think he's improves since his main event push, although he was pretty solid then.

Sheamus is doing pretty damned well for himself, and Ziggler always brings the intensity.

That cloverleaf counter was amazing!!! They should have put it over more.

I liked Sheamus basically dropping Ziggler there. It was just brutal. I feel like everything has to be really pretty and technical now.

Really good ending. I think it did hurt Sheamus to lose clean in his first PPV match, but it was basically a fluke.

What happens if Sheamus leaves? It's not like The Authority will fire him.

How many Network subs is Ziggler's bare ass worth?

I think they're dragging this out too long.

HAHAHAHAHA. Nice heel move by Sheamus. Glad we got out of this silly stipulation.

Who thought this stipulation was a good idea? Ugh. At least it's over. I hope both parties make it out of this OK.

I'm starting to hate these clapping goofs, too. They're talented, but the gimmick can be annoying. I don't hate them in the "get them off my screen" sense, though, so that's good.

This is the perfect match for a double turn, especially when the crowd already wants to cheer Kidd and Cesaro.

Nice hammerlock spot by Kidd.

Cesaro's just an absolutely great athlete. I love seeing it.

Cesaro's one hell of an undercard performer. I hope he can continue to do great things, and eventually move up the card.

Both teams are working really hard here. I like this one.

Awesome Trouble in Paradise counter!

Good interference spots. I liked this one overall.

Nice ending to get heat on the new champions. I think they'll do great.

The New Day is really entertaining as heels. They fit it perfectly.

Cool to see Ambrose and Harper again. I wonder if WWE originally wanted to do something like this for Goldust vs. Stardust given the Backlot Brawl from WM12.

I love Ambrose's devil-may-care attitude.

How many chairs are under the ring? Was there some kind of party with the ring crew before Extreme Rules and they just threw all the chairs under the ring afterward?

Cool ending. I would have been fine with them continuing to brawl around Chicago, but I guess they need to save some carnage for Reigns vs. Big Show.

Reigns vs. Rollins for Payback? I think they can hold off on that one a little longer if they have something else for Reigns to do. Reigns vs. Harper? Reigns vs. Rusev? Reigns vs. BNB if Bryan's still out?

I kind of hope Rusev kicks Cena's ass. I think Cena should keep the title to continue the challenge, but Rusev needs to get some heat back.

I want to see Samoa Joe face both these men really badly.

I find the "their shoulder hit the turnbuckle" thing pretty goofy. I guess if I hadn't seen the match between JBL and Eddie, I wouldn't find it as dumb.

Throwing someone over the top rope in this match would keep you from reaching all the turnbuckles.

Cool spot outside the ring. The chain gimmick can be really good. It's the tagging the turnbuckles thing I find silly.

Rusev grabbing the ropes was pretty cool.

Rusev can move for a big guy. I like it. I hope he's able to replace the likes of Kane and Big Show, since WWE obviously values having a giant.

I hope we're not in for some goofy ending now that Lana's gone. I think it's inevitable in this environment, though.

I'm not sure if it's worse someone brought a "Terra Ryzing" sign or that I actually got that reference.

I just had a premonition of a Cena/Lana love angle. I really hope that doesn't happen.

I think it'd be pretty genius if Rusev won this way. Clever idea.

Cool stalemate spot with three corners each.

Honestly, I think that was a pretty good ending. They did a good job with the match itself, too. Good stuff.

Does Lana turn face on Raw? That could be interesting.

I'm fine with super-face Cena being U.S. Champion instead of fighting for the WWE Title.

Reigns is still kind of off with his promos. Hopefully he'll be ready to be the top guy by Summerslam if that's what WWE wants to go with there.

Holy $*%& does Naomi look stupid.

Not a lot to say here. I'm just not that interested in this Divas' feud.

Did Naomi just pull out the Final Cut!? I kind of missed that move.

Nice split-legged moonsault.

Nikki's doing pretty well in her own right.

I guess this match was heel vs. heel? It wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as other stuff tonight.

So, now what does Naomi do? I'd guess a triple threat for Payback.

Interesting development with Lana and The Authority. I'd actually like to see Rusev join if they're dropping Kane. Rusev is much more important of an investment than the nearly 50-year-old Kane at this point.

I think I'm more interested in the crowd's reaction to this match than the match itself.

I want to like Roman. I really do. I just think he's still got work to do in order to be the focal point of the company.

HAHAHAHAHA at Show putting the table back under the ring.

Someone's got to make a .gif of Show punching the table.

Reigns is doing a good deal of moving around for Show. It's not a role we usually see him in.

It would actually be kind of funny if Reigns lost right after bringing the tables into the ring.

Cool Samoan drop spot.

Honestly, this match has had a pretty good story. It's just been pretty slow in places.

Why did Reigns throw him into the ring instead of through the tables? He could have won right there!

DAMN. It's over for Reigns.

I assume if Reigns would have lost there, we were in for another match at Payback to give Reigns his win back before going into the title picture again.

I actually kind of chuckled at Big Show's remark with the notepad.

Why on earth would you chant for JBL!?

NICE spear through the timekeeper's area.

That was a pretty cool spear through the announce table.

GOTTA KEEP SHOW STRONG. That probably should have been it.

Kind of a silly ending, but I'm OK with it. Reigns got a hard-fought victory. It just dawned on me this could have easily been the WWE Title match this month.

What if Kane just says screw it to both sides and tries to win the title for himself at Payback?

I actually popped for King's shot at JBL there.

I missed Bo's gimmick. I think the facial hair takes away from his goofy look, though.

I'm fine with there being a bonus match tonight. Will Bray Wyatt make an appearance? The speculation is of him tracking Ryback down.

That was OK, I guess. I don't think it really accomplished anything, though, other than giving more downtime before the main event.

Do we really need another Cena/Rusev match? Cena's already beaten him at two straight PPVs!

I hate the "heel tries to escape immediately" thing. It's probably never going to work for them.

Why not ban ALL of Orton's moves? I guess Rollins is arrogant enough to think he can win with just the RKO banned, although that seems like a contrast to the guy trying to escape right now.

Nothing says 2015 like a David Letterman reference...

What if Undertaker comes out and reforms The Brothers of Destruction vs. Orton and Rollins? Yeah. Not happening.

Good spots leading to the superplex.

I'm liking the stuff with J&J Security.

That was a really cool spot with the Pedigree. From a match standpoint, Orton could have had that one.

They're really making us wait to see if Kane will turn on Rollins.

It looks like Kane is saying #&$^ you to both sides. Fine by me.

Now THAT was an ending. Pretty cool way to keep the title on Seth. I think Kane might have been involved a bit too much, but overall I liked the story of the match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment