Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/10/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Rose vs. Swagger was fine enough. This feud would be MUCH better with The Bunny taking on The Swagger Soaring Eagle.

Axel's getting a pretty good amount of screen time from this new character. Good for him!

Axel vs. R-Truth was a pretty good match. R-Truth has veteran instincts of making a match work beyond "do cool moves", and Axel's no slouch, either. I hope Axel finally finds his niche and is able to make it work. I wonder how a team with Mizdow would work out if a singles push doesn't work out for the former stunt double.

Impact Wrestling:
I like how Impact generally starts with a recap of previous angles to get us into what's going on this week. Especially since there are so many other wrestling shows to watch in a week.

That wasn't a bad opening segment. I don't really buy Young as at the level of either of the other two, but they need a top heel to go against. MVP's busy, as is The Revolution, so Young's pretty much their other option until they're ready to put EC3 at that level.

Angle vs. Lashley vs. Young should be pretty good. I'm guessing Angle wins when Lashley spears Young or something to keep Angle vs. Lashley going. They could also have Aries cash in out of nowhere, but I don't see any reason to do that at this stage.

Gail vs. Kong was really great, as it always is. I'm glad the two of them are doing big things in TNA.

Kong vs. Terrell should be really good, too. I wonder how they'll eventually have Kong lose. I think people will be underwhelmed if Havok interferes and costs Kong the match. That'd be very "WWE" of them.

Not sure why they're teasing Storm turning face. He's doing an absolutely great job as a heel.

Good promo from Storm to set up his troops beating the hell out of each other. I'm excited for the tag team tournament.

That was a fine match as far as hardcore clustermesses go. Manik is one heck of a worker.

I wasn't crazy about the DA crossover segment. It almost always comes off as goofy and trying too hard when people from totally unrelated shows do things in WWE.

That was a really good segment to set up a six-man tag. The "we're not superstars" stuff always comes across as lame. Instead of going off about WWE not working out, show us what they missed out on. It's cheap to take shots at the big dog.

I didn't dislike the first battle between The Rising and BDC. We got to see glimpses of what the new guys can do, and it's clearly not over yet. Homicide makes a great addition to the BDC. I just don't know if we'll actually get to see him work before his surgery.

Cool post-match. This feud has been pretty good so far. I'm glad to see Galloway get a big opportunity.

It's going to be really hard for me to buy Young as a credible contender for top guy in TNA. I feel like his title reign brought the title down to his level more than bringing him up to looking like a top guy. He's a true B+ player in my eyes.

If it's not a title match, I think they can get away with Angle losing dirty here given the attack by EY.I think he'll sneak by with Lashley doing some of the dirty work.

Davey Richards is an absolute machine in the ring. Damn. Good singles match, and I hope we're in for more as we wait out Edwards' injury.

Good BDC promo. I'm enjoying 2015 TNA.

I'm not entirely sure what that gimmick entails, but it will be cool to see Mia Yim in TNA.

That was a pretty cool segment to set up the tag team tournament. Does this mean we're done with Magnus vs. Bram? I can live with that. Also, I wonder how Tyrus feels about being left out.

That was quite the main event! I think they all worked together pretty well. Young played his part well. It's obvious he's not quite where the other two are, but he can generally do some pretty good performances.

Pretty good post-match to keep the angle going. TNA has generally been on top of telling compelling and linear stories lately.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment