Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Raw Reax - 4/6/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I'm glad Cole isn't on commentary tonight to sell what happened last week. I guess they figured fans would be happy if Booker or JBL missed a week. Well, that and they're former wrestlers, so they're probably seen as more durable than Cole.

I mostly liked that opening segment, at least as far as establishing Rollins as a true top guy. Big Show winning makes sense to keep driving a wedge between himself and Kane. I think they could turn Kane face and do some kind of power struggle with him being the DoO. The Authority putting the screws to the babyfaces is old hat at this point, but it makes sense.

Orton vs. Kane was fine to set the stage for the #1 Contender's match. What's to stop The Authority from saying none of them get a title match?

Nice post-match to keep the story going.

Reigns vs. Big Show. The ride truly never ends.

Pretty interesting segment between Rollins and Kane. I think they could have just said Stephanie and Triple H have their phones off because it's a vacation or something, but it was a good progression of the plot overall.

They really pushed Neville into a big match pretty quickly, huh? Wow. If Rollins almost gets beaten by a guy in his (third) Raw match, what does that say for him?

I was mostly fine with the booking of that match. Rollins does look like a beatable champion, which worries me, but I was glad to see Neville get a pretty good chance to show what he can do.

The post-match was good for getting more heat on Rollins. I do hope he can win matches on his own at some point.

I like the open challenge angle for giving talents chances to show what they can do against the franchise player. In some ways, we are seeing fresh blood involved in important ways.

That was quite the impressive showing by Cena and Stardust. Cena remains impressive as a wrestler, and Stardust showed he has a pretty big upside.

I liked the Divas tag match fine. I definitely miss AJ. I wonder where they go with the Divas Title from here. I still hope Charlotte wins it post-Extreme Rules.

I'm glad to see charisma from PTP. Is this leading to a big tag team showdown at Extreme Rules?

Ryback vs. Harper was fine, although I'm a bigger fan of the former Wyatt Family member.

It looks like they're going to have a slower burn to the New Day turning heel. That makes sense, I think.

Nice tag match. Kalisto is already showing he belongs on the main roster as a tag team guy.

Bleeehhhhhhhh. At least this wasn't a match featuring WWE Champion Roman Reigns, because it was pretty disappointing. I'm a believer in Reigns' potential, but facing Big Show just isn't going to work for him.

I think I'd be OK with Kane getting fed up and splitting from The Authority. Kane would then have a big match with Rollins to further elevate the new champion. Then Kane can disappear for a few months unless there's a compelling angle for him to stick around. The character feels pretty stagnant at this point. I'd rather see people who have more going on involved with things.

I'm fine with a battle royal next week. What if Charlotte debuts and wins!?

Uuugggghhh. Reigns' promos are so "white bread". They need to turn him heel give him more to work with.

Seriously? Sheamus has been back a week. Why not save Sheamus vs. Henry for Extreme Rules as the latter comes to the defense of the smaller wrestlers being bullied? I hope Sheamus at least delivers an ass-kicking.

I was mostly OK with Sheamus vs. Henry, although it was BS for Sheamus to try to duck him one week after coming back as a big badass. I get the character just bullies smaller guys, but it cut his momentum to a degree to show vulnerability this early. Have him kick Goldust's ass if you need a crash dummy.

Interesting Wyatt promo. It's like the Taker feud never happened. I'm interested to see who he's facing next.

Good Ryback promo. I see no chance of him winning tonight, but I guess he'll eat the pinfall so Reigns doesn't have to.

I liked Miz vs. Mizdow. I wonder what both of them are doing after this feud, because I don't see either of them going into title feuds. It would suck if they just hung out in the lower/midcard after what should have been an important feud.

I liked Orton's promo. I'm fine with him getting the win, as much as I don't want to see Reigns vs. Big Show or Kane in the semi-main.

That wasn't a bad main event. It definitely looks like Reigns vs. Show is coming to PPV. Fans will hopefully reject that one at the show, and maybe WWE will finally decide people are tired of seeing the man who won the WCW Championship nearly 20 years ago.

Nice post-match. All Hail King Rollins.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment