Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Austin on WWE split, NXT name on the road, Y2J on podcast success, more on Steiner vs. Hogan, Tough Enough debut set, Smackdown changing networks, Interview with JB, a new deal for GFW, Raw audience, and Questions on Cole's injury, WWE vs. WCW, Bryan vs. Rollins, and another mark discovers the Internet

Here's info on Stone Cold's status with WWE. I wonder who will be hosting Tough Enough without him. I would think Triple H would already be too busy. It's a shame Undertaker probably wouldn't do it. He'd be great for it. Maybe Sting?

Update: PWInsider has more on the story. I think what's most important is Stone Cold won't be part of Tough Enough and the podcast deal fell through. The two sides aren't working together right now, and WWE will definitely want him on-board for WM32 in some way.

Finn Balor was on the road with the main roster this week. I think they'll hold off on his debut since they just brought up Kalisto and Neville, but they are doing the European tour next week...

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Chris Jericho put over the performance of his podcast on the Network. I do kind of wish Jericho would have asked about the Nexus angle.

Update: Jericho put out another post about how well it did. I wonder who will be next on the podcast on the Network. I think Stephanie should do it at some point. Shane, too, but I don't see that happening.

TMZ picked up the Scott Steiner-Hulk Hogan story. I could see this resulting in a restraining order or something. Honestly, it probably should if Steiner's serious about kicking his ass.

The next season of Tough Enough begins Tuesday, June 23, at 8. Remember this is in some ways a TV show first and a true test of who should join the WWE roster second.

Smackdown is moving to USA in early 2016. That's a big step for the show! Hopefully it does big numbers in its new home.

Update: Variety talked about the move. I wonder if we could end up seeing shows like Superstars and Main Event on other NBCU channels?

Jeremy Borash was interviewed. He's an integral part of the TNA machine.

GFW announced a partnership with a big-time lighting company for its TV debut. They've got some pretty good things going for them, but until we see talent announced and the first matches set and all that, it's only going to mean so much.

Raw's audience came back down to Earth Monday, settling at 3.97 million. It was an impressive boost while it lasted! Now they need to focus on more long-term changes.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. If Vince and Creative knew, I can definitely see it being in poor taste. It could also have just been negligent. I doubt they did it to take a shot at a deceased performer they had no issues with.

2. GOTTA KEEP WWE STRONG BROTHER. I guess WWE doesn't want people thinking another company could ever have had or ever will do what they do better than them.

3. I also have no idea. It could be they're not sure what to do with him, as Taker vs. Sting isn't necessarily a sure thing. It would suck if all that buildup was just for him to job to HHH and disappear, but I wouldn't assume that's out of the question.

4. MAYBE. I wouldn't assume that would happen, though. I'm sure WWE would still prefer to use guys like Cena, Orton, Lesnar, etc. in the main event. It's more possible than it was years back, so there's some hope in that.

5. How do you cheat in a match with no DQs? And HHH initiated the handshake. Sting earned his respect. "#fail" indeed.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment