Total Pageviews

Friday, April 17, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 4/16/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I still think the "tag the corners" idea is silly for a serious feud. A steel chain is pretty badass, though.

That sounds like a killer main event! All four of them can be really good wrestlers. Fun segment overall, too. I like when Cena gets right to the point and doesn't go for comedy.

It's time for Bray to get something new to do. Recruit some new followers or something. He's squashed R-Truth so much it doesn't mean anything anymore.

I couldn't care much less about Big Show, but it will be another notch in Roman's belt to get a big win over him.

Nice segment between Miz and Barrett. Miz can get heat pretty much anywhere.

Fine way to give BNB a win before the IC Title match.

I really liked the Mizdow/Summer Rae/Miz segment. There was some real chemistry there. I think it'd be fun for Miz to have to be someone other than himself for a while. Like, he has to come out to different music and cover up his name on his tights and just be "Mike Mizanin" or something. I guess the ref can DQ him for using the Reality Check, or he'd have to pay a fine? There's potential there. What if he imitates Sandow's old gimmick to get back at him?

Sheamus has been a great heel. I kind of wish he would beat up Hornswoggle, too, for being short and making fun of the Irish with his gimmick.

Sheamus vs. Neville was really good. The former NXT Champion has insane agility and athleticism, and Sheamus is a bruiser who can move. What more could you want?

Pretty stupid stipulation for Sheamus vs. Ziggler, but they made that segment work. They couldn't come up with anything like an "Irish rules" match where Sheamus keeps changing the rules to try to win, or... anything!? I'm sure the action will still be amazing. They play off each other quite well.

The New Day reminds me a bit of Bo's gimmick, which I'm a big fan of. I think they can work as heels.

I liked that tag match. It was short and to the point, but it was done well.

I'd rather Rose and Fandango decide neither of them need Mendes, so she disappears and an NXT Diva gets called up instead.

I was fine with Show's segment to sell the big gimmick match with Reigns. I can accept this feud going on a bit longer before Reigns goes back to the title picture. I wish they'd build up someone new for the big spot Show has held for so long.

It was good to see Alicia and Natalya put on a clinic. Cameron's coming along well. Maybe one day she'll be ready to move up from NXT. Wait...

I'm about ready for something new from the Divas division. Most of the characters we see now have done just about everything in their years on the main roster.

Fandango vs. Rose was fine other than me not caring a lick about Rosa. Wanting to see more of the Divas doesn't mean I want to see more of EVERY Diva they have.

I like face Fandango. He's a naturally likeable guy.

I have no idea whom Wyatt is targeting, but I like his promos. I wonder if Creative even knows his next opponent.

That was one hell of a main event! Some really talented guys involved. I'm glad Cesaro and Kidd got to mix it up with two former WM headliners.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment