Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/17/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Ryder and Slater seemed motivated to get some attention there. It was nice to see that fire from them.

Funny Axel promo. I wonder how many more PPVs they can drag this gimmick out? PaybAxel should definitely be a thing.

Nice second match. Sometimes I'm OK with seeing matches for the sake of matches between people not really doing anything.

Impact Wrestling:
I'm a tad bit surprised they didn't add anyone else's vocals to replace Taz. I wonder if there just wasn't time to get that done. I also wonder who will be on the next episodes.

That was a pretty quick opening match! I guess that's what happens when you need to fit so many matches into one show.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Storm ditch The Revoultion in favor of trying to team with Magnus. It's obvious they keep failing him.

Honestly, The Hardys make the most sense to win the tag team titles. They've got the most experience working together and have won plenty of other championships as a team.

I'm sorry, I just can't buy Young as being at Angle's level. EY's title run was pretty much a publicity ploy and a thank you for his years of working there. He's a B+ player. I did like the segment, though. I like there being a lot of people gunning for the belt.

I wouldn't mind the BDC winning the titles with the assistance of Homicide and MVP, but I imagine The Rising would have something to say about those two getting involved.

I liked that tag match OK, but it also felt like they rushed it. Maybe they should have just booked the show around the tournament and saved the EY/Angle stuff for next week.

Not a bad Bram/EC3 segment. Will we see a feud between Bram and Tyrus? I don't see that being too big of a deal.

I missed Homicide. Dude's just a straight-up badass.

I liked that tag match well enough. Good showing by Jay Rios. I wouldn't mind him being added officially, although I suspect he'd just be another jobber.

Yeah, it looks like we'll get Bram vs. Tyrus. Meh.

I'm excited to see The Doll House come in and work with the other Knockouts. Both of them have some good backgrounds.

That was kind of harsh given how long Homicide has put off shoulder surgery. If Homicide was 100%, a match with Angle would be amazing.

I feel like TNA's trying to get about eighteen things over tonight, and it makes every segment feel rushed. I'm down to see some new Knockouts and new angles, though.

I don't see much reason to split the Bromans unless there's some real plans for what to afterward, or one of them's leaving. I wouldn't think the latter would be happening, but who knows?

That match was good from an action standpoint, and I like seeing Aries and Roode as the dirtiest of dirty heels, but it also felt convoluted. This tag team tournament in general feels WAY overbooked, but they did need to crown new champions with Edwards being out. Why not just do The Hardys vs. The Revolution or something?

I'm trying to think of any conceivable reason anyone would care about Robbie E vs. Jessie Godderz. Unless one of them's leaving, I certainly don't.

Homicide is so awesome. I really want to see him wrestle Kurt.

That segment felt very "Crash TV". All we need now is BDC vs. The Rising and Angle with EY as the ref to show who's side he's on.

Seeing The Doll House vignettes makes me feel like I've stumbled onto some weird fetish site.

EC3 has been hilarious in this match. One of the best parts of TNA, for sure.

I liked the main event pretty well. I think this show needed one fewer match or something. Maybe they could have pushed the Knockouts show back a week? Everything just felt so crowded.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment