Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 4, 2015

WWE fires back at Roberts, NXT release official, former WCW Champion banned from HoF, NXT name returns, WWE vs. NJPW?, Smackdown audience, top Diva retires, and Questions on the new U.S. Title, old PPV pre-shows, an NWA series on the Network, cooling momentum, and Cole returning

WWE issued a statement responding to Justin Roberts. In true WWE PR fashion, they answer the allegations without really answering them. I definitely think they should honor long-time unsung backstage employees starting next year.

WWE confirmed CJ Parker's departure. I'm curious to see what comes of him. Would TNA try to pick him up?

Scott Steiner was banned from the WWE Hall of Fame at the behest of Hulk Hogan after Steiner threatened Hogan's wife following a flight she shared with Steiner. Hogan had apparently forgotten the heat Steiner had toward him from their TNA days. I'm glad Steiner didn't kick Hogan's ass before that nWo cameo. Obviously he shouldn't actually assault Hogan, but it doesn't look like he's going to let this one die.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Sami Zayn returned from injury at a recent NXT live event. That's good. I think he should feud with Owens once the latter recovers, then head to the main roster around Summerslam.

Some NXT talents were let down at Takeover specials remaining quarterly instead of monthly. I think it's smart to keep them quarterly in 2015. We'll see what demand is like in 2016.

An NJPW star accepted Daniel Bryan's recent proposition for a match. I don't see WWE letting him face a non-WWE star, but at least it got some buzz!

Smackdown this week grew to 2.74 million for Sheamus' return to the ring. I wonder how long the WM31 honeymoon will last, especially if WWE remains with the status quo in some major roles.

WWE has announced AJ Lee's retirement, effective immediately. This is no surprise at all. I'm just glad she got that last run going into WM31 and got to work with Paige on the way out. I've been a fan of hers since NXT Season 3, and think she could very well have been the best Diva of this generation. They're losing one hell of a talent and one hell of a star, in much the same way as when they lost her husband.

Update: C.M. Punk commented on Twitter. I hope they both have awesome lives post-wrestling.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think Cena's about to get some big merch checks from a new title design. I just hope it isn't too cringeworthy.

2. I also wonder how big of a priority it is, compared to airing more old episodes of major shows. We'll see.

3. It could be pretty interesting, although I wonder how many people would really care about a topic that old in 2015.

4. Some cool-down after Mania is inevitable. We'll see what they do going forward.

5. Hopefully they'll at least have him in a brace or something, but I wouldn't put it past WWE for the attack to just be mentioned at the start of the show and that be that.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment