Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 9, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 4/8/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
It's cool for them to put over how big of a deal WM31 week was for NXT with this episode.

It makes sense for Neville to be the heel so fans get behind Itami to win, but it feels really out of nowhere. Especially with him now being a face on the main roster just a few days ago.

Itami and Neville were both really impressive. I'm glad Neville's getting his chance on the main roster now. Hopefully he can get over without needing to do much on the mic. As for Itami, he seems to be getting more comfortable. It's worth noting he was working with one of NXT's best, and that likely had a good deal to do with it.

I think Breeze is getting more and more smooth in the ring. He's not quite where I'd like for him to be to be promoted yet, but I liked his aggression here. Good work. Balor, of course, is always really solid in the ring.

I look forward to seeing Dana's first match.

Cool to hear comments from Scott Hall. NXT is really taking off.

That attendance number is insane! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised given how many fans were in town for Mania, but still: WOW.

Cool to see even more comments from big names. NXT has arrived.

Really good match from Balor and Itami. I don't think I'd mind them as a team on the main roster.

REALLY cool features on Itami. It's nice for him to get that kind of depth to his character. We need more like that for main roster guys. I wonder how much more successful a Justin Gabriel would have been in the NXT era.

I'm a real believer in Itami's potential. I hope he continues to really grow as a performer.

Main Event:
Fandango vs. R-Truth was OK. I feel like they might have tried to do too much to differentiate from the "formula" where one side would win with their finisher.

I was very impressed with Summer Rae and Emma. They're definitely two of my favorites in the division, and it was good to see them get time to show what they can do.

I really missed this version of Slater. Talk about a heat magnet.

Bleh. That was fine for Henry to get a pop in his home state. It's not like Slater won't still be over as a heel with that loss.

Good set up for the commercial break. I'm glad we're seeing Mizdow used as more than a lackey.

I liked the main event overall. Miz and Swagger are both valuable parts of the WWE machine, just in different ways.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment