Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Bryan update, Tough Enough casting note, TN star passes, Interview with HHH, Raw audience, why Rollins has a new finisher, and Questions on Bryan as IC Champion, Charlotte vs. Nikki Bella, the Attitude Era vs. today, and WWE controlling outside ventures

Daniel Bryan's status for Extreme Rules is still TBD. He could miss a month of ring time. I'm sticking with my idea of BNB trying to win via forfeit only to end up being challenged by Neville.



WWE is seeking competitors from the ages of 18 to 25 for Tough Enough, with a pay of $100 per day. I hope everyone who goes into that knows what they could be getting into.

Tennessee regular Ron Wright passed away recently. Part of me wishes I grew up in the Memphis area during that time period.

Triple H talked about his training and more. I wonder when we'll see him compete again.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Raw's audience Monday jumped back to 4.04 million after last week's taped show. It's ridiculous to blame Orton for the drop last week considering things are pretty much where they were before WM31.

Seth Rollins was given a new finisher so he would have one that could be hit at any time, similar to the RKO. I think that part's smart, but his new finisher is really awful. Was there nothing from his Tyler Black days they could use?

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It feels like a combination of both. They at least trust Bryan in the role of secondary title holder who can bring legitimacy to the title. How long that lasts depends on WWE's handling of him and his health.

2. I'm split on the idea. I'd like Charlotte's graduation to the main roster to be a bigger deal than that. After Nikki vs. Naomi, it's possible Charlotte's next in line. Time will tell. They could want to use her to promote NXT live events instead. Maybe we see someone like Layla or Tamina get a shot in her place?

3. I think there were a multitude of reasons why the Attitude Era was more captivating. There was less TV to fill, so there was less overexposure. There was also a matter of a lot of people having exciting gimmicks, even if they were more or less bit players. I think the edgy stuff gets old eventually.

a. I think it could be some time before we see a real overhaul in Creative. If ratings dropped to 2.0s or something, then we could see a change. Other than that, Vince might just keep on keeping on.

b. I'd love to know if fans of the '70s and '80s felt the same way during the Attitude Era as AE fans do now. I think there are definitely nostalgia goggles, which isn't to say the AE wasn't good.

4. I basically agree with their answer. They are making money from WWE Diva Eva Marie, not model Natalie Coyle.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment