Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/24/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
I liked BNB vs. Swagger. It was good to see Barrett get a win after seemingly taking a lot of losses lately. It's a sad reality there are always going to be really talented people who lose a lot of matches. It doesn't mean they're being "buried". It just means Management is pushing someone else. There have to be people who lose to get others over.

That was a really solid tag match. I prefer the Lucha Dragons to Los Matadores, but the former Primo and Epico are pretty good in their own right.

Impact Wrestling:
I would think Aries would have had to announce his cash-in before Angle accepted Young's challenge for tonight to be the night they face off for the title. Who's to say, in kayfabe, they can't have two title matches tonight?  While I definitely think authority figures are overexposed in wrestling these days, I would like for there to be a reference to a Board of Directors or something that approves matches and all that. There has to be someone in charge, right?

I'm really looking forward to Taryn vs. Kong. The Knockouts have had some really good matches lately. I'm excited for the new names, too.

Who's to stop heels from running out and attacking their opponents before EVERY match?

I liked the Knockouts' #1 Contendership match pretty well, although I think they tried to do too many obviously-choreographed spots. I hate when it's obvious talents are trying to get to certain situations like the Tower of Doom and the whole "everyone has everyone else in a submission" thing. It takes away from the idea it's an actual match or competition.

I mostly liked the Rising promo. Getting cheered for saying "professional wrestling" is cheap, and actually kind of dumb. The worst part about people who mark for that kind of thing is they won't accept they're marks.

I'm ready for TNA to reveal more about The Cameraman. Does he just always have his camera on, walking around backstage? Whom does he answer to?

I wonder if we're in for some kind of huge gimmick match when they eventually end BDC vs. The Rising. I wonder what they could cook up to end the feud.

Mica vs. King was good, although the level of interference was almost comical considering the initial idea of the match being without interference.

Nice post-match attack. Does The Rising try to get a fourth member to even things up? How about Davey Richards joins while his partner heals up?

Since when is next week Hardcore Justice? A pole match has always struck me as a ridiculous way to have two people duke it out, if for no other reason than it suddenly takes someone forever to climb the turnbuckles. They should put the pipe at the announcer's desk or something instead.

Wow this gimmick is stupid. I feel like they're trying too hard with it.

Why is TNA acknowledging Laura Dennis competed as Cherry Bomb on One Night Only shows, but pretending like Jade is some unknown despite wrestling as Mia Yim?

I enjoyed Dennis a lot more than The Doll House. If they were just there to wrestle instead of this silly gimmick, I think I'd enjoy them more.

Do we get The Doll House vs. Laura Dennis and Christy Hemme now? This gimmick is pretty reminiscent of The Beautiful People. I'm not that big of a fan.

I still couldn't care much less about EY as a World Title contender. I'm down for Angle and EY vs. Roode and Aries, though.

I mostly liked the Magnus/Mickie/Storm segment. I'm interested in seeing where this leads as far as whom Mickie will end up facing. Hopefully it's not The Doll House. Kong? Taryn? Also, one rule that needs to be pretty firm in wrestling is not randomly using someone's shoot name. It's really cheap to make things look more "real" in that way. It's not like someone on House of Cards is going to refer to "Kevin Spacey" to try to make the show seem legitimate. If anything, it exposes how everything is a show.

I liked the backstage segment. Storm manipulating Magnus should be fun.

I liked Richards vs. Manik as far as car crashes go. They're both talented.

Not a bad post-match. This feud should be good.

Is EC3 old enough to run for president? He'd get my vote.

I mostly liked the EC3/Tyrus/Anderson segment. The Anthony Weiner reference was pretty dated at this point, and I feel like Anderson hasn't really meant much in years now that we all know he's not as talented as he was hyped as when he left WWE. That said, EC3 is awesome.

Announcing a stipulation right before the match is almost always a setup for an out-of-nowhere finish. Maybe the booking team's behind on pay, too, and they threw the show together at the last minute.

The Doll House has been here one night and they're already inserting themselves in the title picture? They're trying to throw way too many things into one show lately. It feels very Russo-esque.

I mostly liked the main event from an action perspective. The Doll House are quickly becoming my new least-favorite part of TNA.

Is Taryn Terrell's name RKO? Because that heel turn was out of nowhere. If they were going to have her team with The Doll House, why give them that silly gimmick? Is Taryn going to be part of that act, too? TNA's really looking to drive off a cliff tonight.

Time to reveal EY and Aries have been working together this whole time. And they're part of The Doll House, too! Just go full Russo with it.

Nice paranoia by Magnus. Turn the baby heel, too. Also, they need to have Magnus beat up Storm while yelling MY NAME'S NOT NIIIIIICCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Nice way to get heat on EY. Hopefully the idea is to give Angle some serious challenges ahead of facing EC3 at Slammiversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment