Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Interview with Magnus, Lawler note, Eva Marie training, Diva cleared to return, looking at AJ's career, Impact audience, unexpected trademark of Monday Night Raw, new WWE trademarks, Extreme Rules match set, Jericho interviews Cena, and Questions on Kalisto, Joe in WWE, Sting vs. Taker, inducting characters, and Sheamus' new look

Magnus talked about growing as a performer, Samoa Joe, and more:
- I was unsold on him as a talent for a while, but he's definitely won me over as someone worth investing in now.

- Bram is definitely an intense talent. I'm glad this is working out for him, given how The Ascension is faring in WWE.

- Storm is definitely an important part of TNA. I hope he remains an integral part of things going forward.

Jerry Lawler was always scheduled to assist Byron Saxton on last week's Raw. It wasn't an emergency move. It was risky to have Saxton go it solo, even temporarily.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Eva Marie is training under The Brian Kendrick. I'm glad she's learning to wrestle. They should have never had her work matches on national TV with as little training as she's had.

Tamina Snuka was backstage at Raw after being cleared to return to the ring. I wouldn't be shocked to see her return and go for the title soon, unless WWE's ready to bring Charlotte up.

PWInsider looked back at AJ Lee's WWE career. That was a pretty good retrospective. She definitely left her mark, seemingly against the odds.

The audience for Friday's Impact Wrestling was 443,000, with an additional 153,000 watching the replay. It looks like this is pretty much where they'll stay for the time being.

Update: Destination America celebrated its biggest March and biggest Q1 ever. TNA had a lot to do with that, so I think they'll remain on that network for the time being.

A new crop of talents has begun working at the WWE Performance Center, including some international talents and DGUSA alum Uhaa Nation. There's definitely excitement over that last name joining. I look forward to seeing him in an NXT ring.

Petco has applied to trademark the term Monday Night Raw in relation to pet food. I would think as long as WWE didn't make pet food and Petco didn't promote wrestling, they might be OK since no one would confuse the two. It's obviously using a name entirely associated with wrestling, though. It will be interesting to see if any legal action comes of it.

WWE has trademarked Suplex City and Balor Club. I don't know if Balor will actually have a faction or if that's just what they'll call his fans. I'm a little surprised they're referencing Balor's old faction. I guess if the Young Marks are going to make money from the Kliq hand signal, WWE should be able to make money from the Bullet Club?

Daniel Bryan vs. Bad News Barrett is official for Extreme Rules. It's crazy to think how much things have changed for those two since NXT Season 1.

Chris Jericho interviewed John Cena on the WWE Network:
- I remember Jericho being one of Cena's first important opponents, long before the latter was WWE Champion.

- I'm sure Stardust appreciated Jericho calling him Cody.

- Cena has a much more versatile move set than he's given credit for. He does have the five signature ones, but that's true for so many top wrestlers it doesn't feel like a legitimate criticism.

- I'm very glad Cena's working at elevating some talented names like Ambrose and Stardust. Can Harper be next? Can Samoa Joe be the guy to take the title from him?

- I can only imagine that combination of riding partners. Wow.

- I wonder who steps up to do big things if Cena isn't at a show? I'm glad Jericho was smart enough to note they had something special with Cena and Cena should have gone over.

- I remember Cena having a lot of different colors of tights in his pre-rapper days. He should bring out that look for something like Raw Reunion.

- I agree no one's going to get 100% over with the audience as a mainstream guy. At least not overnight.

- Cena was handcuffed in the feud with Rock since he has to stay the PG face of the company. It's a shame, too, because I think he could have really dug down deeper and hit Rock hard with promos.

- Heel Cena could have been fun. I think they could have done that during The Rock feud and have him come to his senses afterward.

- I agree they'd need someone to replace Cena as top face if they turn him. This is important.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think Kalisto has quite an upside. He's very agile and can do some really amazing things in the ring. He also has a pretty good amount of experience coming into the main roster. I think they need to give him time to get used to the main roster as a tag team guy working with people who have experience before testing him on his own, though. He's only 28. There's time for him to get more "seasoning" before being made a focal point.

2. I wouldn't blame Joe for getting the most out of his time on the indies before going to the WWE machine. It's not like he's going to go right into facing the top names if they sign him. I also wonder what the odds are of him going to GFW. He could be their centerpiece, I think.

3. That would have been great! It assumes they'll both be in ring-shape for facing off at WM32, but I'd like to think they could do enough smoke and mirrors/run-ins for them to make it passable.

4. The easy answer is they can make the rules for their own Hall of Fame. But I wouldn't think they'd have to induct "fake Diesel" just because they inducted the real deal. It would be interesting if they inducted the Doink character and had Brooklyn Brawler accept.

5. I'm not 100% a fan of it, but I think it's more important he's back as an ass-kicker who can really shake things up.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment