Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/24/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Good start to the show with EC3. His match with Angle is going to be a REALLY big deal as far as TNA's direction going forward.

I'm hyped for EC3 vs. Angle. I hope we're in for a changing of the guard after a great series of title defenses by Angle these last few months.

Angle vs. Matt works, I guess. It's not like anyone would buy Tyrus as a threat.

I'm glad that's it for Grado in this match. I don't know if he's the right fit for TNA. He does bring something that stands out, though. That's important.

Tigre vs. Low Ki was pretty good. I'm fine with some spotfests here and there in the undercard. Just not a show where that's the dominant attraction.

I thought Christy Hemme was done with TNA? Maybe she's just working through the end of the month.

Update: She might just be done behind-the-scenes, while still doing ring announcing. We'll see.

DUDE WHAT?? Vader vs. Bram could be a pretty big clash.

Crazy Dollhouse stuff as always. I wonder what the next stage in this angle is. I'd be interested in seeing someone brainwashed into joining.

More matches set for Slammiversary is good. I'm looking forward to the show, even if it's not as important as the July 1 Impact.

Velvet vs. Angelina was fine for a brawl. I'm glad they didn't try to turn a grudge match into a technical wrestling bout.

I love the team of Aries and Roode. I think they'll go down as two of the best performers TNA ever made use of.

MVP was pretty funny there. I miss Homicide being in this group.

I loved the Dirty Heels refusing to have a chair battle. It meant more than if they just started things off that hot.

I always thought the "multiple stereo dives" spot was dumb. Their athleticism is really impressive, but it breaks the flow of the match to basically just show off.

HOLY SHIT that double Van Terminator spot. I miss that move.

That ending was a LITTLE flat after so much action, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Good to see Matt being used despite his brother's injury. Talented guy.

WHAT THE F*CK! WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE? I didn't expect them back in TNA as long as Dixie's still in charge. Just... wow.

Lots of memories here with Double J back in the fold.

It's really cool to see Jeff get to have a sendoff after all he did for the company. They definitely need to induct him into the TNA Hall of Fame. Hell, the Jarrett family should have been the first induction.

Man, Slammiversary just became a meaningful show for the company. And how crazy is it to see him plug GFW?

That match was fine to show just how sadistic Bram can be. I never would have guessed Vader would answer the challenge. I wonder if his son gets a shot in TNA if they keep on keeping on?

Who the heck else is hiding back there!? I always felt they missed opportunities with not pushing Morgan as TNA Champion. I hope this is the start of something more. Ditto with Crimson.

Glad to see Young make quick work of Melendez. He's pretty basic other than the prosthetic. I do think it's amazing he's competing after losing a limb.

Just bring back the whole TNA roster tonight! Wow. I'm not a huge Hernandez fan, but I think it's been long enough since we've seen him for it to be fresh.

Next week is going to be a really big show. This next week is going to be pivotal for TNA.

This main event is pretty intense. I think they're doing too many big move kickouts, but that's become the style of Angle title defenses. EC3's got his work cut out for him.

Really cool ending. Angle's had a great reign as champion.

I assume that was misdirection from TNA teasing EC3 losing. I hope so, anyway. EC3 deserves the win and TNA needs a new, fresh top name.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment