Total Pageviews

Friday, June 19, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 6/18/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:
There's just something special about seeing PTP with the tag team titles. Good going.

That was a better promo than what we usually get from The Ascension. Maybe they'll slowly morph into something like their NXT gimmick?

Pretty good tag match. It dawned on me this was more or less an NXT Redemption reunion as far as Titus, Darren, and Konnor in the same match.

Heath Slater has one of my favorite gimmicks in wrestling. He's natural at getting heat.

Fine match from the former Nexus/Corre partners. Barrett needed a win.

Where has Little Jimmy been all this time? He just kind of disappeared. I wonder if he's old enough to get a contract?

I'm liking the action between Naomi and Summer Rae. Naomi seems reignited since the heel turn.

Good wrestling overall. What does Solomon Crowe do for a finisher if Naomi keeps that?

I've enjoyed seeing Adam Rose grow as a wrestler on the B-shows (C-shows?).

Ryback wrestling smaller guys is usually more fun than when he's the underdog.

Fine post-match.

Smackdown:
I liked Sheamus' promo, and am totally fine with him being a future WWE Champion. I want to see more of guys like Ambrose, Rollins, Owens, etc., but that doesn't mean I don't also want to see Sheamus and Orton.

That was more or less racist from Ambrose, but I don't see anyone getting upset over it.

Fine opening match to set up what I assume to be the main event.

I'm guessing that Bellas promo was to make us not expect Twin Magic. The sooner this leads to Charlotte's debut, the better.

Fine promo to continue the set up to the main event.

The match has been good going into the commercial break. The Bellas have improved.

Wait, what!? Why do we need a third member of the Bellas clan? I didn't expect that to happen, but maybe it will lead to something interesting.

Enjoyable Owens/Cesaro segment. This should be a good matchup.

Ahh, Bo Dallas is fun as always.

Fine squash match to keep things going.

Ziggler vs. Rusev should be fun once he recovers.

Pretty good match between Neville and Woods. It'd be interesting for him to get a tag partner to feud with New Day once PTP is done facing them.

Great promo from Seth. I don't see any way he beats Brock clean, but it should still be one hell of a match.

Fine Ambrose/Reigns promo.

Nice match so far between the NXT Champion and the King of Swing.

Really good stuff from the former ROH guys. It's good to see them get to do what they do best.

Miz's segment was pretty painful, since it was pretty much a thinly-veiled promotion for Rock and Show's movies. Ryback vs. Miz vs. Show just isn't a very compelling combination of characters or workers.

Pretty good main event so far. I just think I've seen so much of these guys lately, I've become jaded to them to an extent.

That was a good ending, if standard these days for WWE. The road to Roman vs. Bray continues.

Good ending to the show overall.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment