Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Raw Reax - 6/29/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Seth Rollins has been awesome as a heel.

Fun stuff with Rollins putting his attack and partners over.

I loved the responses to the gifts Rollins gave.

- Mark Henry vs. Big Show:
It looks like the story of Henry just being around for a few matches before getting wrecked continues. I fully expect him to be done as a wrestler when his current contract expires.

I liked the post-match to flow into the next match.

- Ryback vs. The Miz:
Not an awful match between Ryback and Miz.

- Paige vs. Alicia Fox:
They're doing pretty good so far. I'd rather see Alicia pushed than Brie and Nikki.

Nice ending.

Glad we didn't get a big Cena promo. They're really tired at this point.

I definitely hope Cena puts over the importance of Owens vs. Balor. Maybe watching the match on the screen in the back when it happens?

- Cena vs. Cesaro:
Cena and Cesaro have worked together quite well in the past. I can see pre-rap gimmick Cena in Cesaro in some ways.

This has been pretty exciting so far! Obviously Cesaro can really bring in the ring.

Cena's strength is something else. Also a really good performer.

This is very impressive. I hope Management is paying attention.

That was a really good ending. Cena remained champion without it hurting Cesaro. They've booked this much better than other Cena title reigns.

I'm excited for Cena vs. Owens III. Owens vs. Cesaro should happen, as well.

Obviously Bray's promos have become formulaic, but I generally like them. I do think he needs some followers to give his gimmick new life. Konnor and Viktor would be my picks.

- Lucha Dragons/Primetime Players vs. The New Day/Bo Dallas:
I'm really enjoying this match so far. They probably are going a bit too fast for it to be more than a blur, but they're not ROH/X-Division levels of MOVEZ yet.

The New Day kicks are one of my favorite spots in wrestling right now.

That was pretty good overall. I liked them having some power guys to balance out the high-flyers.

Nice segment between Ziggler and Rusev. Pairing Ziggler with Lana gives his character a much-needed change of direction. It's been too much about being a showoff for so long.

I'm curious to see if Lana will end up becoming a regular wrestler down the line.

I enjoy Ambrose and Reigns remaining together. I hope we don't see either man turn anytime soon.

- Neville vs. Sheamus:
I'm wondering what Neville needs to do to become more than the next Kofi Kingston. Him not having a strong personality has been detrimental to him being seen as a legitimate future WWE Champion. He's still very early in his WWE career, though. Maybe over time he'll show more depth.

I liked the match overall. Neville definitely seems pigeonholed in the "flippy guy" role.

I'm already pretty tired of King Barrett's new gimmick. Maybe if he actually ruled over someone. R-Truth getting beaten and having to become his royal servant would sadly be construed as WWE being racist. Maybe if a proud American like Swagger had to swear fealty instead, leading to Zeb Colter returning to rally him?

- King Barrett vs. Jack Swagger:
OK match. Swagger's definitely lost his prestige from being in main events. Not because "Vince is stupid and burying him" or whatever; he's just lost momentum from being used to put others over. Someone has to, though.

- Kane/Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose/Roman Reigns:
I liked things turning into a more hardcore match.

Good win by The Authority. They need to look like an actual threat for Brock to overcome.

Damn, Reigns got his there. If it was someone like Bryan or Ambrose, people would be crying "burial." But since it's Reigns, it's rightfully made to look like odds he has to overcome.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment