Total Pageviews

Monday, June 1, 2015

Interviews with Y2J/Zayn, Stone Cold-WWE update, NXT preview, NXT/ROH live event notes, and Questions on changing the Divas' division, New Day, Taker vs. Balor, Cena's open challenges, and AJ Styles in NXT

Chris Jericho talked about potentially returning to WWE and more. Other than working with the likes of Zayn, Owens, and Balor, I can't say I'm especially itching for him coming back to the ring. He's pretty much done everything I care to see him do as a wrestler.

Sami Zayn talked about growing NXT and more in a hockey interview. I don't know how long he'll miss due to his injury. Hopefully it's not too much longer before he's working the main roster TV shows.

Stone Cold's podcasts are believed to be a recurring part of the Network going forward. Apparently he'll be talking to Undertaker and Sting in future episodes. I look forward to both of those.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Set for Wednesday's NXT:
- Tyler Breeze vs. Adam Rose
- Alexa Bliss vs. Carmella
- The Vaudevillains vs. Jason Jordan/Marcus Louis
- Rhino vs. Finn Balor

With NXT's top stars hurt or having been called up, I think there's going to be some downtime in the brand before Uhaa Nation arrives. BUT, I enjoy seeing the wrestlers who are still developing show what they can do. They need the experience working for TV.

Here are results from Saturday's NXT live event. I think NXT is in kind of a transitional phase as HHH hasn't split things into "A" and "B" shows yet. So we get some top names mixing it up in front of small crowds alongside people earlier on in their training.

Jim Ross attended an ROH live event in Oklahoma. BAH GAWD SLOW DOWN OUT THERE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FINISH, etc.. I mostly agree with his takes on spotfests. Fans have been desensitized by so many big moves not meaning much of anything.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It's worth noting it would take a big change in things for them to change the Divas tagline considering the E! show. Like it or hate it, WWE makes money from it and they're going to keep it. So, they'd have to balance any kind of change with that in mind. I like what was suggested there. Part of me wants someone like Charlotte or Sasha to "pull a Madusa" and put the old title in the trash in favor of a new one, but you'd think they'd want it to be a babyface thing that they're moving away from the butterfly belt. I like the idea of Sasha saying that the boss wouldn't wear a butterfly, though.

2. No reason to turn PTP heel. I was fine with it since it led to Kane letting all three members of The New Day in the Elimination Chamber. I wouldn't assume it's a permanent association.

3. I like Balor a good deal, but I think if they want to hit 100,000 for WM32, they should do Taker vs. Sting. If it wasn't for the "demon" facepaint, I wouldn't think of any reason to do Taker vs. Balor. Taker vs. Sting is a dream match, albeit less so after Sting lost to the Super Sexy Badass Rebel Who Created The Attitude Era.

4. It's almost like Cena was a really good wrestler the whole time and was just booked to be Superman! I'm a fan of the challenges, too. I do think it would have been redundant to have Bryan do open challenges, but it would have been good for him to have a strong run with the title.

5. I'm totally fine with NXT making use of awesome talents despite those talents not being destined for the main roster. I'd rather have some use of them than none. As for bringing in AJ, I don't know how that would work with AJ's other contracts. Hopefully the two sides can work something out.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment