Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 11, 2015

TNA Destination X Reax - 6/10/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special edition of Impact Wrestling.
I expected them to close the show with both World Title matches in succession, but I guess they want to catch viewers' attention early and for the main event. I think it's great there are several high-level challengers for the belt (and Rockstar Spud).

They're telling a good story of the plucky underdog giving everything he has to try to beat the top wrestler in the company.

Angle's athleticism after so many bumps is INSANE. He's still one of the best wrestlers in the world. It's crazy to think after all these years, the former WrestleMania headliner is willing to put it all on the line for a company that's struggling to remain in the spotlight.

Really good opening match. Hats off to Spud for taking it to the champ.

Why wouldn't Aries just cash in right there? I guess he's not THAT much of a heel and wants to prove himself against a top athlete.

I really don't want to see Kong in a lingerie pillow fight. It fits Taryn's new gimmick, though.

I love some fast-paced X-Division action here and there. Good stuff.

Fine first match of the tournament. I'm curious to see who the next X-Division Champion will be. This angle would be perfect for making a new guy champ.

People seem to be really mixed on Grado. Also, no way is TNA going to pay the rights to use "Like A Prayer" on TV when they can just make something in-house.

Magnus is going to wait until next week to deal with Storm? Storm tried to injure the mother of his son! Magnus should be searching bars in Tennesse to try to kick his ass. Of course, that would be more expensive to tape...

It can't be Destination X without flippy shit. I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't just book a 10-man Ultimate X match to declare a champion. Maybe that's coming at Slammiversary?

Damn, Jessie. I guess I'd be upset if I lost three straight matches to Robbie E as well.

I'm split on this Grado guy, too. I guess it's worth trying him out, though.

I liked that Knockouts segment. Not because of the lingerie, but because it's building up Taryn vs. Kong to mean something.

I'd definitely love to see Aries vs. Roode for the title one more time. If only Aries was signed through BFG or something instead so they didn't have to rush his cash-in.

That was kind of a funny segment with Grado trying to make weight. It brought back memories of the angle of Team 3D trying to do something similar. It was awful, but I guess there was some entertainment in how much of a trainwreck it was.

I love when TNA just randomly uses some new X-Division guys. Maybe it's a gag to see if anyone notices who they are?

King and Cruz were quite amazing from a technical perspective. I'm still not feeling Grado, but at least he brings something different to the table.

Hey, a new random angle for Bram! It makes sense as a way to build him back up as a beast. I wonder how far we are from Bram vs. Angle.

I liked Bram vs. Crimson. This can be a fun way for Bram to spin his tires for a while.

Good Angle promo on the main event.

I wonder how much of Angle vs. Aries we'll get before EC3 and Tyrus run in.

Aries is one hell of a talent. WWE, ROH, GFW, LU, etc. should be keeping an eye on him in case he doesn't re-sign.

These two are going at it like crazy! I don't see how they can hold up doing so many matches within a few days.

I think I would have bought Aries winning after the 450. Great matchup.

That was a really good match overall. Those two are at the top of their games.

Angle made it through all that just to be taken out by EC3. They're really doing a good job building him as the champion who will take on any challengers. I'm excited for the clash between Angle and Carter.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment