Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 4, 2015

ROH and NXT Reax - 6/3/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH and NXT.
Before I start, it's worth noting I've seen ROH's TV show a grand total of twice before tonight. I'm giving a lot of these talents a first look, so my views on them are hardly expert. It could take me some time to see what each of them brings to the table.

ROH:
I liked the Briscoes' promo alright. I haven't seen enough of them to fall in love with the gimmick like so many others seem to have.

I'm liking Kushida so far. He's going full-throttle!

NICE suicide dive spot. The suicide dive itself is really played out.

Pretty damn good opening match. I'm impressed so far.

Nice post-match.

Good promo to set up the tag team title match. I missed Kazarian and Daniels.

I'm liking the action in the second match, but I think I'd rather have something different than another "hit a bunch of moves in rapid succession" deal.

The match was good from an action standpoint. It just didn't seem to mean anything. Is Young going for a title or anything? Matches for the sake of matches and fast-paced moves for the hell of it never really interested me.

Good promo from Whitmer. I actually care about this guy as a character.

I'm liking this Moose guy. Him beating the hell out of flippy guys could be fun to watch.

That wasn't a bad match. I'm looking forward to more from Moose.

Not crazy about that backstage segment. I guess I might have to wait until the PPV to see what some of these people are really made of.

I guess I don't care all that much about the feud profiled on Inside ROH since I've never seen ACH or Page wrestle before.

The action in the main event's pretty good. Nothing to make me chant ROH or anything, but fine stuff.

That was a pretty good main event. I can see why people want the Briscoes on a bigger stage. 

I liked the ending to further build to Lethal vs. Briscoe.

All in all, a good wrestling show. Not amazing, but good. Definitely some really impressive athleticism.

NXT:
I definitely care about Breeze vs. Rose a lot more than the first two matches of ROH between two random guys.

I'm not so sure I want to see Leo Kruger again. He wasn't all that interesting. Give it long enough for us to actually miss it.

This match is definitely slower than what I just saw on ROH.

I don't know how much a long sleeper spot is helping this match. This match should be about preparing Breeze for the main roster, and perhaps Rose going back to the drawing board.

I liked Rose's spurt of offense there. I do wonder how far he can get on wrestling ability without a strong gimmick. On that note, where is Rosa Mendes?

NICE idea of turning the spinebuster into a Boston Crab.

I mostly enjoyed Rose vs. Breeze. It was as much about Rose showing what he's made of as Breeze progressing as a performer.

Are we in for another reboot of Crowe? I like him. I hope he's able to come up with the right combination to be successful.

Good segment on Dana Brooke. It was good to get a break from her wrestling.

Eva Marie has some serious heat. Damn.

I think that promo should have focused on how Eva Marie's training to get better. Unless they want her as a heel antagonist, in which case they probably should have played that up. She's still got a ways to go as a performer.

I don't think the press conference format worked for that segment, since Regal wasn't responding to a question or anything. Why not just do it in his office? Anyway, that's a pretty cool setup for NXT in Japan.

I like heel Alexa Bliss. She's added something to the tag team champions' act.

So-so women's match. Both of them have some work ahead of them. Both of them have some positive qualities, though, so that's good.

Good promo from Rhyno. Rhyno vs. Owens would be pretty good, I think.

Zayn's shoulder had been bothering him for a while. It's good he got it fixed now before it became an issue on the main roster.

The Vaudevillains are pretty smooth out there. I like it.

Hindu squats are pretty manly.

Jason Jordan reminds me of Shelton Benjamin for some reason. Probably the amateur background.

There's definitely something horror villain-esque about Marcus Louis.

If Jordan has flashes of Shelton Benjamin, Louis is something like bald Snitsky.

Not a terrible match. I'm assuming we're headed for Gotch and English facing Blake and Murphy. Fine by me. Jordan and Gable will make a nice team given their amateur backgrounds.

Sasha's definitely one of the top talents in NXT, male or female. I think she can be money if WWE uses her right.

The weird thing about Balor is sometimes he's the international sensation and sometimes he's the demon. I enjoy him, but it's kind of like Corporate Kane being The Big Red Machine at the same time, or "American Badass" Undertaker occasionally being the Deadman.

Balor working a veteran with a very different style is great on two levels.

I can see Itami helping Balor beat Owens on July 4. Owens could then be a main roster guy full-time.

Smart of Rhyno to heel it up to get people back in Balor's corner.

Fine match to give Balor more experience in long WWE-style matches. Balor vs. Owens should be really good.

NICE Gore out of nowhere!!! This could be a fun feud with Owens "graduating."

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment