Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 20, 2015

ROH Best in the World Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH PPV.

Pre-show:
I didn't care for the first match at all. I guess if I'd been watching ROH all along, I might feel differently. I can certainly see why it's a niche product.

Best in the World:
I like the story being told between the dominant beast and the quicker veteran.

Well there's our first incredible bump of the night. OUCH.

Good match overall. I think both men are pretty talented. I don't really care for ODB or Truth, though.

I love BJ Whitmer actually having some psychology.

The Decade are doing good work as heels. The faces are very athletic and can do amazing things, but it feels like they're just doing cool moves for the hell of it.

Fine match overall, I guess. Definitely some good moves shown. I might should stop expecting much psychology and just rate matches on how many highspots they have. It's obvious this isn't WWE.

The streamers thing is already old.

Dalton's gimmick is growing on me. This is apparently another comedy match.

That wasn't a bad match overall, other than the obviously choreographed stuff. They've both got something worth looking at.

Good post-match.

Bleehhhhh. That match was fine to continue Cedric's heel turn. Pretty standard in-ring fare otherwise.

Meh post-match, since I don't have much reason to care about either guy.

I'm already impressed with Elgin and Strong. They seem to get it in a way some of the earlier performers didn't.

Strong's athleticism is REALLY impressive. Wow.

This has been an incredible triple threat. They're all playing their parts really well.

Really good match. I can see why some people are die-hard ROH fans.

That was a good post-match. I now care about Moose vs. Alexander, and think there's potential for something good there.

Ugggghhhhh. We're already in Choreographed City. The spots are cool, but you might as well just announce it as an exhibition of cool moves instead of two teams with heat trying to beat each other.

This match is laughable. It's just spot after spot with very little meaning behind them.

Am I supposed to be cheering for three men hitting big kicks on a woman? There's a reason WWE doesn't go that route. It makes sense for her to get comeuppance, and it's not like she's a delicate and fragile flower, but that would never fly on a bigger stage.

Very meh match overall. Not even remotely believable.

Good hardcore brawling in the tag team title match so far. They're going 100 mph, but that's what the audience wants.

The BME into the triangle choke was probably the best innovative move all night because it could actually result in winning a match.

Pretty good match overall as far as demolition derbies go. They all worked hard and showed they can "go." It's nice to see Sabin again.

Great move by Lethal to stall to get the crowd into the match after so many spotfests got them hyped up.

I mostly enjoyed the final match. Good to see Lethal get the nod. A new champion for a new era of ROH.

Overall, I think this was a middle-of-the-road PPV. There was some great stuff from an athletic standpoint that's worth checking out. But I'd definitely rather watch WWE or TNA most of the time.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment