Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Smackdown dark matches, HoFer in the hospital, new HHH song?, WWE press, Chyna update, Cody's eulogy, and Questions on the Bellas, PPVs, Cena's wrestling ability, Eva Marie, and Dusty angles

Before WWE taped Main Event and Smackdown, Brad Maddox lost to Zack Ryder. Talk about a guy they're not really utilizing. At least have him work NXT if you don't have any ideas for him on the main roster. I think he'd be a good manager for the right act.

After Smackdown, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns beat Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt. I suspect we're not too far from Wyatt challenging for the WWE Championship. I think we could easily see Reigns vs. Wyatt in the fall.

WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan is in critical condition after having a heart attack while going in for brain surgery. He's the grandfather of Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Motorhead could be doing another new theme for Triple H. Maybe they'll perform it live when he inevitably gets another big entrance at WM32?

Johnny Manziel being called out on Raw got media coverage by CBS Sports and ESPN. That's good, I guess.

Chyna is seeking funding for a documentary about trying to get into the WWE Hall of Fame. She might as well be trying to get pigs to fly given the accusations she's made.

Cody Rhodes posted the eulogy he delivered at Dusty's funeral. That was great.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. As was explained, they're in good with the right people and are featured stars on an important show.

2. If I had to pick five to check out, I'd go for the following for historical reasons: WrestleMania 17, Starrcade '97, ECW Barely Legal, ECW One Night Stand, and WrestleMania III. Those are pretty much off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty of others worth looking at.

3. It's crazy to me some people still think it's just a coincidence he's been in so many great matches and was just "carried by his opponents" all the time. Ditto for Triple H. I think it's because a lot of online fans are contrarians and migrate to NJPW, ROH, etc. to judge what's a good match. They're like the hipsters who will only listen to bands who are unsigned to major labels because it makes them seem cool and unique. I hate fashionable nonconformity if you can't tell.

4. She'll definitely have to win them over by her wrestling abilities. She's been training with Brian Kendrick, so I think she's in good hands. There have been several Divas who've turned fan perception on their wrestling abilities around. Layla, Eve, Candice Michelle, and Michelle McCool all come to mind.

5. I think I actually would have enjoyed a special appearance of him riffing on his son's gimmick, but he was much more valuable as himself.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment