Total Pageviews

Friday, June 26, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 6/25/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:
I'm starting to think Neville is a little too flippy for his own good. He's very agile, but does he need to do that many acrobatics in a match?

Fine match overall to keep Neville on the winning side of things.

The (presumably intentional) irony of the LoD ripoff team going after people dressing as Savage and Hogan is pretty funny. I don't know how long either side's gimmicks can stay afloat, but at least they're getting TV time now.

That wasn't a bad tag match. I assume we'll eventually see The Ascension challenge for the tag team titles.

I'm already pretty tired of the pairing of Rose and Mendes. I think it kind of drags Rose down to be stuck with her.

Well, that was quick! It might be approaching the time for Rose to dump her and try the Leo Kruger gimmick.

Not a bad post-match. The feud marches on.

Good promo by Harper.

This has been a solid match so far!

Great match. I liked the ending. Cesaro gave me Kurt Angle vibes with the rolling Germans.

Smackdown:
I enjoy the reunited Authority for now. I do think they've done just about everything they can do with the group, but I think it's worth it to give Brock some people to destroy.

I wasn't sure if Big Show was still a part of The Authority. Hopefully Brock does damage to him, too.

Ryback playing off Rollins was pretty good. I like the contrast between them.

Another Rollins vs. Ambrose match works for me. I do think they need to have a break from each other on PPV for a while after so many clashes in the past year.

Sheamus vs. Ziggler is OK so far. I think the Rusev/Lana angle is becoming overexposed.

Fine enough sleeper spot. I like Ziggler trying to get that over as a legitimate hold again.

Nice ending. I wonder how they'll end up utilizing Sheamus as Mr. MITB.

Summer vs. Lana when? I hope the latter is training to be a wrestler.

Not a bad Divas' match. I wonder what the Divas' match at Battleground will be.

Nice interruption of the New Day by PTP. I like their work with each other.

Bo working with New Day is a fun combination. Team Bo-Day could be a good faction.

The beatdown angle worked to mirror the one on Raw. At least they're developing the IC Title feud well.

That wasn't too bad of a match between Kane and Ryback. It was nice to have Ryback really be a face in peril.

Nice decimation of Ryback to make him the underdog in the title situation.

PTP working together for an extended period of time has definitely helped them as a team and as individuals.

Nice setup for the break. I love the clapping gimmick.

The heels are working together pretty effectively, too.

Pretty good ending segment to the match. Things got pretty chaotic with everyone doing cool moves. It meant more because they didn't try to make a whole match out of spots.

Where does Wyatt hang out backstage anyway? Did he take over Foley's reservation in arena's boiling rooms?

I love how Kane is ejecting someone for creating an unsafe working environment given his history.

Rollins pulling out the trailer hitch was NICE. Good match so far.

Pretty good story being told here with Ambrose's leg bothering him.

That was a pretty nice match overall. Mercury had to pull double duty.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment