Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Raw Reax - 6/15/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I love Seth Rollins just thanking himself. I'd be fine with him officially ditching Kane, Mercury, and Noble. They can all turn face and do other things after so many months of being supporting characters for him.

I'm glad Rollins finally had an unassisted win at MITB. Hopefully he can stay as a main event presence in the future.

Rollins and Ambrose one more time at Battleground? I think they should give it a rest given how many other PPVs they've faced off on since the Shield split.

This should be interesting. Who's the face if The Authority turns on Seth?

I'm completely fine with Sheamus being Mr. MITB. Much more interesting than Reigns having the briefcase.

Nice continuation of Ambrose's leg being targeted the previous night. Rollins more or less gave Sheamus a head-start.

I was mostly OK with that match. I don't like Sheamus being on the cowardly side, though. He should be confident in his ability to wreck people.

Every time Orton's music hits, I think of that parody of "Voices" from 5* Wrestling.

Sheamus vs. Orton works for me. We've seen it quite a bit before, though.

How many people get the Dumb and Dumber references? That movie's 20 years old now.

I like the story of Rollins becoming more and more delusional about his success without The Authority. It's reminiscent of Daniel Bryan's run as World Heavyweight Champion.

For some reason, I still crack up at Truth's gimmick. Most of the time.

Damn. Did Barrett fail a Wellness test or something? I didn't expect him to lose that quickly.

Not a bad post-match, although I wonder where it's headed. Maybe it's just a matter of giving Barrett something to do for a while.

I wonder if the people hanging out with MGK in that segment are getting paid when they otherwise wouldn't be since they're not on TV all the time.

Owens is such a great heel. I hope he gets a big match at Summerslam.

Owens vs. Ziggler should be great. I wonder if Owens would be U.S. Champion right now if they didn't need him to drop the NXT Title first.

Ziggler takes an insane amount of punishment.

Pretty good match, as expected.

This has got to be leading to Charlotte coming up to help Paige, right? It's about time to pull the trigger on that.

I like turning Kane vs. Orton into a No Holds Barred match.

Fine match overall. WWE booking is a lot like Musical Chairs where they just move people into other angles, dropping or adding one every so often.

Rollins vs. Kane has been building for months. I think it would be a good story if they go all the way with it. Rollins beats Kane at Battleground (maybe in an Inferno match or something?), then Kane reinstates Lesnar for Summerslam. It writes itself.

I feel bad for hoping Show was hurt so we wouldn't have to see him for a while. I wouldn't actively wish injury on him. That's cruel.

Fine booking to get us on the road to a triple threat at Battleground.

Reigns vs. Wyatt is fine for me. Wyatt's feuds are pretty similar, but that's true for a lot of guys.

Fine to see the the two Bellas beat Paige. There's not much drama if she can beat both of them (see: Cena beating Awesome Truth without Rock's help).

It was pretty obvious they used a crash pad for MGK, but that was awesome. Owens is quickly becoming one of my favorites in all of wrestling.

I'm excited for PTP to have won the titles, but I think it could have hurt the momentum of a great act.

Good six-man tag. I liked the teamwork. I think this was a good "mirror" match where both sides meshed with each other pretty well.

If we can get a return to Attitude Era Kane for a few weeks (months?), I think I can call myself content as a wrestling fan. I don't see them doing that all the way to Mania, since they always use him to put over younger guys (as they should most of the time).

I mean, they could strip Owens of the NXT Title or say he can't challenge for the U.S. Title. The latter would make sense, because Cena could convince them to change their minds.

I don't know if Rollins knows what he's getting into if The Authority picks who I'm thinking they'll pick. This should be fun.

The "coal" and "diamond" references go back to HHH putting Orton over as the future during the Evolution days. Nice touch.

Brock vs. Seth should be a lot of fun. I just hope we're not in for a one month title reign for the Beast to lose to Roman at Summerslam. Maybe Seth escapes somehow and we get a triple threat at the next PPV instead? And I guess we're getting Ambrose vs. Kane underneath it. Maybe THAT leads to Kane vs. Rollins non-title at Summerslam with Brock vs. Reigns being for the belt.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment