Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/3/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

EC3's celebration skit is hilarious. This man NEEDS to be World Champion at the end of the month. He's amazing.

I'm not really all that excited for Destination X. We'll see. If it means we get an awesome Angle/Spud match, I'll probably change my mind.

I'm glad to see The Pope again, but I'd much rather see him in the ring. He should be in the TNA Title picture.

I'm liking Lashley vs. EY so far. EY's probably doing his best work since turning heel.

Mehhh. Not a fan of that ending. It made sense to protect EY in defeat, though. EY should be able to destroy the rookie quite easily.

I would actually kind of mark out if Melendez turned heel. He's getting way too big of a role for how new he is.

Spud should probably hold on to the gold. Then again, he lost it pretty quickly the first time. I think Taryn Terrell could convincingly beat him. What chance does he have against Angle?

I thought the point of Destination X was to focus on the X-Division? I think at this point TNA's just trying to make every episode or every other episode feel like a mini-PPV. They're putting on great stuff, but it feels desperate.

Kind of a weird segment with Aries and Spud. It made sense for Aries to give Spud advice, though.

Jade's already really impressive. I'm glad she's getting a chance to show what she can do.

The action in the Knockouts match was good. The booking just felt overly complicated.

EC3 is way too important to talk to JB. I really hope he's the next World Champion. He might be the last homegrown star TNA makes.

If Angelina and Velvet weren't feuding, we could get The Beautiful People vs. The Dollhouse. Maybe Madison Rayne can join Velvet in that endeavor instead? I don't see any reason to have them squash their heat just yet.

I liked the BDC/Rising match. I think they should settle this in whatever big stipulation match at Slammiversary. It's pretty much spinning its tires.

That empty office probably used to belong to some of the staff that's left TNA in the last year or so.

Is this the part where Storm tells Mickie she's in the Matrix or something? If TNA's going to be canceled in a few months, they might as well have fun with it. (Realistically they need to keep it airing internationally if they get dropped from DA).

I enjoyed EC3 trying to prevent Spud from cashing in, although theoretically he'd have an easier time beating Spud as champion than Angle.

If I'm Roode, I'm wondering if Aries' head is in the game. He's also got a shot at the World Title to think about. Realistically, can Aries be World Champion and Tag Team Champion at the same time? He might have two title defenses in one night!

Storm probably backed out of the music thing after hearing "Hardcore Country" so much.

I half-expected The Wolves to pin Roode there. Since Aries could be leaving, having The Wolves win three matches in a sweep would really put them over. Although that would take the wind out of having match five at Slammiversary.

I mostly enjoyed that tag match. They're definitely some of the top athletes in TNA for a reason.

AS GAWD AS MAH WITNESS, SHE IS BROKEN IN HALF! James Storm has the strongest shoulderblock in the business! I think it was worth sitting through Bully vs. Hogan and Aces and Eights to get to this angle from TNA. That was a moment that will live forever.

The Beautiful People angle probably went on too long, but it's got some nice heat to it. Angelina being arrested for assaulting a fan was clever.

I'm looking forward to what Taryn has planned for next week. The Dollhouse has grown on me since she joined.

Enjoyable psychology in the main event. EC3 and Tyrus work well together.

Nice ending to the main event to set up next week's show. Should be fun.

Next week looks like a pretty loaded show as far as the main event scene is concerned. Pretty entertaining show overall, especially Mickie taking a ridiculous bump from Storm.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment