Total Pageviews

Monday, June 1, 2015

WWE Elimination Chamber Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special.

Kickoff:
It's a shame Rusev can't compete tonight. Really talented guy.

My guess for Rusev's replacement is Texas' own Mark Henry. Kane, Orton, and Big Show are also possible, since they're all pretty active. Henry's

Good segment with The New Day and Kane. I think fans will be disappointed if they win with that advantage.

Owens is getting one hell of an opportunity wrestling Cena tonight.

There go the theories of Stardust entering the IC Title Chamber match.

I'm enjoying Stardust vs. Ryder so far. Stardust is pretty good, although I wonder how high up the card he can make it.

I liked the match overall. The commentary was TERRIBLE at times, but I like the idea of Stardust naming a move to stick it to Stephen Amell.

Just imagine the kinds of questions someone had to read to get to some appropriate ones for asking Lana.

What if Lana paid off Ryback to hurt Rusev on Smackdown?

WTF IS Miz wearing?

I know they do it every time these two talk, but Miz taking credit for Bryan's success always gets me.

The contrast between Miz and Bryan is great. I love Miz's career advice.

I'm not a huge Meta-Powers fan. They don't seem to be hugely over, either.

Are there really that many Johnny Knoxville fans for his show to be a hit?

I really hope Reigns isn't turning heel in the main event.

Elimination Chamber:
I can live with the lower-level titles being decided in the Chamber matches. It's something different.

Clever stuff with Kalisto on top of the pod.

I wonder if the original Sin Cara is watching this show like "that could have been me in there!"

Kidd and Cesaro are SO. DAMN. GOOD.

That uppercut spot on Kalisto!

I would have loved to have seen Kalisto break up that cover from the pod.

Does Kalisto think he's in TNA's red asylum match?

I get this feeling Kalisto didn't want to do those spots from high up.

The Ascension can still be dominant, it seems.

WWE should have used the camera above the Chamber to give us another angle of Kalisto and Torito's dives.

PTP getting a pinfall was nice.

Cesaro's athleticism is unbelievable.

That was a nice change from the typical Tower of Doom spot. I think the spot in general is overdone.

I didn't like the group suplex spot. Too choreographed.

Clever to lock Woods back in the pod.

Smart of Young to get the rollup that way.

Locking Titus' head in the chains is pretty intense.

I like the combination of Titus' ruthless power and Young's athleticism and hustle.

Really good ending spot. I enjoyed this match overall.

Nice tweet from Rusev.

How many blue extensions will Paige have left in her hair when this one's over?

This triple threat has been on the clunky side so far.

That makes two Tower of Doom spots tonight. I liked it well enough.

Cool reverse hurricanrana. I would have believed Paige legitimately being KO'd there.

Fine match given how long it was.

Is Tamina going to come wreck both Bellas? Otherwise, whom does Nikki face next?

Cena vs. Owens is a REALLY. BIG. DEAL.

I love Cena being used to work with younger names instead of competing for the WWE Title.

Owens looks to be getting in better shape, which bodes well for his future.

I like Owens just being a brutal guy imposing his will. Not everyone needs to do suicide dives and all that.

I'm impressed by the Otto Wanz reference by JBL. I wish we got more of that and less of the banter we hear.

I did NOT see the moonsault coming from Owens. Wow.

I think people kicking out of the AA is starting to become expected. I'm glad Zayn, Neville, and Owens have gotten to do it, though. They've been given good chances to succeed.

How hard do you mark if Samoa Joe does a run-in here?

NICE move by Owens stealing Cena's finisher.

Vince would have FLIPPED if Owens did the package piledriver there.

The springboard stunner was cool for a while, but it looks kind of silly now.

This has been much more of a wrestling match than I expected. I figured it'd be a big brawl.

Owens' agility for his size is amazing.

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! OWENS BEAT CENA CLEAN!

The only downside here is wondering how someone can take the NXT Title from Owens after he can beat such a top name. Maybe he gets stripped of it or something?

The era of indie names making it in WWE is really cool. I hope this continues. Buy the Network, people!

Nice post-match promo. Obviously this isn't the end of Cena, but he's finally showing vulnerability.

Here's the thing about Bo Dallas. He's not there to be the future WrestleMania headliner beating top names left and right. He's there to fulfill an undercard heel role. And I think he does that well.

I'm normally not a fan of flips and spots, but I'm impressed by Neville. I think I'd feel differently if I had to sit through a whole indie show of superkicks and spots before watching him in action.

I loved Dallas baiting Neville like that.

I appreciated the Carl Jung reference, but it's really dated and I don't know how many people understood it.

I like this match because they're doing more than trading cool moves. When Neville does get to let loose and fly, it means more because he's been beat down by Bo.

Good little match for what it was there for. The fans probably needed a breather after Owens beat Cena.

I REALLY hope Reigns doesn't cost Ambrose the title.

I think there is a story to tell of Reigns being paranoid about Ambrose succeeding where he couldn't, but I don't know if it's the right move.

Cool to see Mark Henry get to compete in his home state. He looks great, too.

Wyatt vs. Henry for the IC Title could be fun. This could just be a one-time thing for Henry for now, though.

Nice move by Barrett to go right after R-Truth.

Clever to get Henry in the match that way.

It's probably good to cut this match down four minutes by putting Henry in earlier.

It would have helped Henry's odds to let Barrett get the pin there.

Nice sequence to pin Barrett.

Throw Henry through the Plexiglass to get Sheamus in!

I'm not sure I like the "pod is stuck" story. It's different, but I'm not a huge fan.

OK, that actually was pretty clever by Sheamus.

I don't think the commentators get that Sheamus put the cross there on purpose to stop it from being opened. Cole should be all over Sheamus for doing that, with JBL saying it was brilliant. But, you know, that would require them to be competent.

Nice sequence to lead to Ziggler's elimination. I'd probably rather see it come down to him and Sheamus if Sheamus is winning.

Sheamus vs. Ryback just isn't that compelling in the ring. It's two big sluggers.

I was fine with how the match ended. Ryback vs. Wyatt for the title now?

I was half-expecting Bryan to clock him with the title.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Bryan calling him "The Ryback."

I'm excited for Owens/Cena II.

I wonder who will be added to MITB. I'm guessing Ambrose when he loses the main event.

Ambrose and Rollins headlining what's more or less a PPV is really crazy. I love it, though.

Ambrose getting the cameraman he ran into to involved in this match could be fun.

Iron Sheik's Twitter is regularly entertaining.

Ambrose vs. Rollins isn't as fun without weapons and a brawl spilling out.

Things are finally getting wild and spilling outside the ring.

The action's been good. I just expected more of a brawl.

Rollins and Ambrose are turning up the heat!

Nice to see the Phoenix Splash again.

WAIT WHAT!!!????? Definitely didn't see Ambrose winning. They're going to restart the match, aren't they!?

There's no way The Authority isn't going to screw him out of this on Raw. I'm sure they did it to show anything can happen on the Network.

I'm mostly good with that finish. At least we had a moment of Ambrose as champ.

I really hope this isn't just a setup for Ambrose vs. Reigns. They shouldn't hurt either man's momentum like that.

Looking forward to Raw.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment