Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Raw Reax - 6/8/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I enjoyed the opening promo exchange. Cena can be good when he's fired up and has something interesting to work with.

Neville coming out to challenge Owens is a nice change of pace. I still think Balor wins the title on July 4.

So far, so good with Neville vs. Owens.

Nice to tease Owens hitting the AA. Neville's got some real fight in him.

Neville's really impressive here. It probably helps that he's worked with Owens before.

Good match overall. I like seeing the motivated NXT guys show what they can do.

Owens-Cena II should be nice.

Good promo from Nikki. I'm glad Summer Rae's getting a match on Raw.

I've seen much better from Summer Rae. This match probably got cut short so Nikki could look dominant ahead of defending her title. That makes sense. I hope we're not in for Nikki breaking AJ's record just to stick it to the retired former champion.

Interesting tease of Reigns vs. Ambrose. I know there are people who want to see that.

I'm pretty "over" Kane as a character at this point. I'm ready for him to turn face, challenge Rollins, and then do something new.

Not sure why R-Truth was randomly there, although it was kind of funny.

LONG segment with Kane and the MITB competitors. This could have been cut to give more time to the Divas.

Orton vs. Sheamus was pretty good. Nothing we haven't really seen before, but it was fine to continue the build to MITB.

Fine post-match.

Ambrose and New Orleans really go together.

That was a pretty cool segment with Rollins and his security team. I hope it isn't a setup for them to all attack Ambrose. This is much more interesting.

Ziggler was quite good in that match. Kane was Kane. It's good to see Rusev's still able to be part of the show. They're rolling with this.

The post-match was fine.

Ryback taking years off people's careers? Where have I heard that concern before?

Impressive feat of strength by Ryback. It's a shame Miz isn't in the title match. He should be. Ryback vs. Show could be really ugly.

I enjoyed Rowan and Harper's latest feat of destruction. "The Way" is a nice finisher for them. Not sure if it means anything about the Dudleys in WWE.

Good post-match to continue building the former Wyatt Family. Glad to see them back together.

I REEEEAAALLLLLLYYYYYY hope Kane doesn't win MITB and cash it in. That would be very backward. He's had plenty of title matches in his career.

I'll go into more details about the Tough Enough finalists in another post. Remember this is a reality show first and a tool to recruit wrestlers second.

This "New Day Rocks" thing is over. I love it.

That was a good little match to sell Sunday's bout for the tag titles. I'm looking forward to it.

Truth vs. Barrett again isn't all that exciting, but I'm sure it will be a fine match.

Reigns vs. Kofi was pretty good for showing what the former can do. I'm not sure I want him to win the briefcase when he can easily challenge for the title without it.

Ambrose's tour with the title has been fun.

Rollins ticked off the wrong people! He's got the whole world but Triple H against him now. Which presumably means he'll face H in a few months.

I liked the main event. It made sense for Rollins to lose when he had Mercury, Noble, Kane AND Ambrose to contend with. In fact, it pretty much made him look like a babyface for going against those odds.

I really liked the ending. It puts Rollins in a must-win predicament for Sunday. Hopefully once he wins, he beats Kane at Battleground ahead of facing Brock at Summerslam. They'll need to build Kane as the guy who cost Undertaker Hell in a Cell and set JR on fire.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment