Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 25, 2015

ROH and NXT Reax - 6/24/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH and NXT.

ROH:
I like this match starting off with some good ring psychology. I think Strong's one of the best performers I've seen in ROH in that regard.

I'm really liking this opening clash. It feels different from the standard ROH fare.

Glad to see some submissions used instead of it just being tons of highspots.

Pretty awesome match overall. I'd be keeping my eye on Strong if I was Triple H.

That wasn't a bad second match. Elgin's certainly got something worth investing in as well.

Enjoyable six-man so far. Not as overly frenetic as the match at BITW was.

And now we're down to the crazy circus act of everyone hitting big moves. It's fine to end a match that way like WWE does, but some acts overdo it.

More "big crazy move after big crazy move." This might as well not even be a match given how unrealistic it is to make it through all those moves.

This is terrible. WWWAAAAYYYYY too choreographed with the triple kick spots.

Mercifully over. I've definitely had my fill of ROH as far as a lot of the names go.

NXT:
It's surreal to see the NXT crowd so quiet for HHH's speech. Sad times.

Owens has two big feuds waiting for him on the main roster when Zayn and Itami recover. Itami can benefit from more time down in NXT before we see that, but Zayn should be ready to go once he gets his ring legs back.

Itami looks to be coming back sooner than initially expected. That's good. I hope he continues to acclimate.

I loved them keeping Owens' promo botch in there. I loved him turning it around on Itami, too.

It wouldn't make any sense to have Owens retain on the 4th given his ascension to the main roster, but it would be interesting to see how they'd handle it.

It's a shame Itami's English is still coming along. That will almost certainly limit his progress.

Balor taking it to Owens is nice.

Rhyno's been a valuable part of things since returning to NXT. I'd like to see some more veterans cycled into things as they become a bigger touring brand.

Balor vs. Rhyno for the NXT Title in July leading to whatever they have planned for the next Takeover special works for me.

Enzo, Big Cass, and Carmella are consistently entertaining in a ridiculous way. It makes me miss the Santino days.

I don't know why they dropped the Shoot Nation gimmick of amateur wrestlers teaming up. Jason's impressive.

That match was a little short for my liking. There's definitely potential in Jordan, though, and Enzo and Cass are getting more fluid.

I always thought Joe yelled too much in promos. This was mostly good, though. I definitely want to see another round of him vs. Owens.

Why would you wear a belly button piercing in the ring? That could go wrong easily.

I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to put two people with this little experience in there by themselves, but we'll see if it's enough rope to hang them.

I like that submission Dana's doing.

Emma's great at ringside. It's kind of a shame she's stuck in NXT, but I think she works well here.

Not a bad Divas' match. Dana does seem to be getting better. Cassie's off to a good start.

I look forward to Dana vs. Charlotte. Should be good.

This video package is giving some serious shine to Balor as a babyface. I can definitely see him coming up about the time of WM32, depending on when Zayn and/or Itami make it.

Using shoot names on WWE TV is still wild to hear.

BULLET CLUB ON NXT TV!!!

I'm definitely glad Balor made the jump to WWE.

Bull's new gimmick is pretty funny, although it feels like a mean prank.

Mojo's getting in better shape. Good to see.

So here are the other members of Shoot Nation.

I actually like Mojo OK. I don't think he should be in the NXT Title picture or anything, but I'm fine with him getting another shot.

Team Angle 2.0 isn't bad here.

I'm liking this new team. I could see them as future champs, although that would seem like a step down for Ryder after success on the main roster.

I'm willing to give Eva Marie a chance in NXT. She's been training.

It's a good thing the NXT announce table is big enough for four seats.

Balor's pretty impressive.

For Independence Day, a Canadian is facing an Irishman in Japan. That's pretty international.

I could really see Owens being a prick. He has a way of getting under your skin, but it's not in a "I want to watch something else" way. He's effective in his role/

Finn's playing off Rhyno pretty well here. I like the difference in styles.

Good win for Balor. I'm excited for him winning the title.

Good post-match. This can set up one heck of a tag match for next week.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment