Total Pageviews

Monday, June 15, 2015

WWE Money in the Bank Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's PPV.

Kickoff:
Neville isn't a particularly captivating speaker. It's good he can back it up in the ring.

I'm waiting for one of the fans who win that briefcase to jump the rail and try to cash in, like that one guy who went after Randy Orton.

That was pretty deep by Ryback in coming up with why Big Show goes between face and heel so much.

I'm not feeling the idea of Reigns cashing in on Ambrose, but it makes sense to tease that.

The Authority doesn't have to get involved in the main event if Kane wins MITB. He can cash in on Ambrose after a win.

I wish there was an alternate English commentary feed...

There's really not much left to do with the gimmick of being king after all these years.

Actually, you kind of DO become king by beating another king.

WHOA. That was kind of an upset. I know the psychological idea of having a babyface win to get people in the mood to buy the show (remember there are still people who order PPVs in other countries) or to get the crowd warmed up, but it's not like they're really going to push R-Truth.

That was definitely a moving tribute to Dusty. Weird to see Cody and Dustin from years back.

That had to be tough for Renee. Maybe someone else should have thrown it to Tom?

I'm so hyped for Owens vs. Cena. I'm excited for WWE having a big change in talent since HHH got promoted.

"Man I can't wait to see some rap guy on my wrestling show tomorrow night! I thought they might have to show a Divas match or something to fill some time!"

MITB:
It's really cool to see all the members of the roster together like that, although it's hard not to almost crack up at people like Sandow, Axel, and Los Matadores being dressed in character the whole time.

I'm good with there just being one WWE Title and one MITB match. The MITB gimmick got kind of played out when there were two of them at a time.

I feel like Kofi's been in every ladder match since Shawn vs. Razor.

Part of me actually wants Kofi to win and have all three members of New Day share it. Like, on Raw, Big E can carry it and decide whether to cash in. At Smackdown, it's Xavier's turn. Maybe if it was for the U.S. or IC Title instead.

Reigns dominating Neville and Kofi was pretty cool. There's something there with him as a performer. I think by WM32, or even Survivor Series, he could be a legitimate top guy. Summerslam might be a bit early.

Cool leapfrog spot from Neville.

DAMN! The RKO is one of my favorite finishers ever, if for no other reason than its versatility. You can't hit the Canadian Destroyer or Meltzer Driver from that many places.

Unmasked Kane just isn't that interesting in 2015.

I'm not a big fan of the "dive onto everyone when you can grab a ladder and win the match" thing. It's not like the anti-Reigns robots are going to give him his due just because he can clear the top rope.

Good to see Xavier and Big E here.

Bray just got a lot of fans online for costing Reigns that one. It's not like Roman can't easily get back into the title picture.

I thought Sheamus had it for a second.

Sheamus winning was kind of a surprise. He's another guy I would have expected to be able to get into the title picture without the briefcase. I was thinking Ziggler would win so Rusev could take it from him when he recovers.

But, hey, Sheamus is a talented guy. I can live with him being Mr. MITB. I'd definitely rather see him pushed as a top heel than Kane or Big Show.

I like Paige's enthusiasm. I'm certainly tired of the Bellas headlining the Divas' division. Not because they're not talented, but because I want to see something new.

I'd mark out if they found someone who could pass as Paige pull Twin Magic so Paige can win.

Whoa! They actually mentioned AJ on the show. Maybe they won't have Nikki break he record.

I'd be fine with all the other Divas running in in a row to counter each other.

Nikki vs. Paige has been pretty good, but I think it's time to wrap it up.

DAMN. I thought we were in for a new Divas' Champ.

That was a pretty contrived way to get us to the Twin Magic spot, but it worked.

Those other Divas need to come out and counter Twin Magic!

Thank goodness! The reign of terror might be over now.

Hahahahahaha! I assumed we were in for a Dusty finish, but the stuffed bra was a nice touch.

That was a contrived ending, but it was fine for a tribute to the American Dream. Now the other Divas need to prevent Brie from coming to ringside for the next title defense. No way should they keep this going long enough to break AJ's reign.

The fans who actually cheered along with Miz were dopes.

I can see Miz getting involved to cause a DQ and set up a triple threat.

Ryback destroying Show in a minute would be great, but I think it would make Show look like he's having an off night more than showing Ryback is good. Plus, Ryback needs experience working longer matches.

I'll give credit to Show for being in pretty good shape these days. It's better for his long-term health to keep that weight off.

WHOA. Ryback has been a better technician in this match than he was during his super-push.

Nice sequence of Show avoiding Shellshocked, and KOing him outside the ring. Show can argue he would have won if his positioning was different. That sets up a good story.

Ryback vs. Show wasn't terrible. They need to build Ryback's reign with length and not losing the title, so he either beats a lot of people clean (which people will hate if he beats their favorites), or we have some dirty finishes here and there.

Honestly, the Never Give Up mantra really does apply to Owens. The guy who had heat with ROH management making it to a WWE PPV a few years later is a huge change.

I hope Owens keeps getting in better shape once he goes on the road full-time. Without having to work in the WWEPC several days a week, he might lose motivation.

Owens copying Cena's moves was genius. These two match up really well.

Cena is selling a lot more than I expected. He's usually really protected.

Good reverse suplex by Cena. He can be really good.

A Kevin Owens match is nice to heat things back up after Ryback vs. Show.

I hope we see Owens vs. Joe on PPV before too much longer.

Cena's pulling out some great stuff here.

I actually thought Cena might have him with the AA.

That powerbomb from Owens was great. Cena's giving him a lot here.

I almost don't want this match to end!

Owens and Cena are pulling out EVERYTHING.

OH GOD! I thought Cena had him after the second AA. I would have been OK with him winning given how much Owens got in. Obviously a lot of people would have lost it with Owens being "fed" to Cena and "buried," but damn. I don't remember the last time someone looked this good against Cena this early in their career.

One hell of a counter by Owens!

The Cenation Destroyer!? It wasn't perfect, but it was a valiant attempt.

I think the powerbomb might should have been it. This has been great, but damn.

This match could be at WrestleMania, especially given the story attached.

Man. I think if Owens had to lose, that was the way to do it. Absolutely amazing showing, and we might get a Round 3 at Battleground.

Owens has made it. It's surreal.

Owens hitting that powerbomb on the apron might mean more than winning the match.

I can just picture the "Cena never sells" people blocking this part of the PPV from their minds.

Rollins vs. Ambrose headlining two straight PPVs is really cool. I hope we see success for guys like Zayn, Joe, and Balor a year from now (if that long).

Ambrose as WWE Champion is a pretty cool visual. If it wasn't for the idea of Rollins defending against Lesnar at Summerslam, I think I'd want that to be how the show ends.

It's going to be hard to portray Cody as a heel after this video package.

New Day is so insanely over.

Staying positive is even more effective than them yelling at the crowd.

Big E and Xavier are working together quite well.

I hope Big E can be their next Mark Henry or, say, Kane or Big Show.

Titus can be really enjoyable to watch. It makes sense to pair him with Young, as they work together perfectly.

HOLY SHIT! I definitely didn't see PTP winning the titles. I hope this isn't another Dusty finish and we still see the awesomeness of New Day.

Good for PTP. They've earned it.

They're not wasting any time in announcing a match for Battleground.

I'm hyped for Rollins after that pep talk from Haitch.

Who MAKES ladders that high!? Where do you even buy them?

I hate to say it, but there's the possibility of Reigns costing Ambrose so he gets his own shot at the title when he's done facing Wyatt. That'd be pretty stupid, though.

This is turning into an impromptu TLC match! Or at least LC...

I love Rollins working on the leg. You don't have to out-flippy-move your opponent to win.

I want to see Rollins pull out a sledgehammer like HHH here.

Rollins is getting sadistic here.

I expected someone else's music to hit to run in and stop Rollins from climbing. For a split second, at least.

Ambrose makes a much better underdog than Cena given his size and build.

Talk about a Clothesline from Hell.

It was smart to lure Ambrose out of the ring a long way so he'd have to make it back in the ring with the bad leg.

I think the rebound clothesline is becoming increasingly contrived.

OOOOOUUUUCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH. Nice backdrop spot.

Props to the Spanish announcer taking the headset with him in the crowd to keep calling the match.

Sheamus could probably cash in right about now and win.

This main event has really been something.

I keep waiting for someone to prevent Ambrose from winning.

Ambrose has bad luck with TV monitors...

How many times can Ambrose and Rollins stop each other from winning!?

Good God Rollins is making good use of his powerbombs tonight.

Ambrose isn't human! This is crazy!

That was actually kind of a goofy ending. It fit with Rollins escaping with by the skin of his teeth, but it was kind of flat after so many big spots.

You can't say they didn't protect Ambrose in the loss. He was really close. 

Does Rollins get arrogant and fire his security now? Rollins vs. Kane on the road to Rollins being REALLY on his own against Brock at Summerslam would be fun.

I would have marked out if Paul Heyman came out after that interview, but I imagine they're saving him for Raw. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment