Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 11, 2015

ROH and NXT Reax - 6/10/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH and NXT.
ROH:
I liked the opening promo from The Addiction. While I think they had more or less run their course in TNA, it's good to see them again here.

Good opening angle. It's good to have some strong characters in The Addiction to liven things up. I enjoy their act.

I'm liking this opening match. O'Reilly is showing fire, and The Addiction are natural antagonists. They're strong heels for a reason.

DAMN. That was some really good stuff. O'Reilly impressed me a good deal, and his two opponents are definitely accomplished veterans.

That was a pretty cool post-match. The show is already flowing better than last week.

The "Sussex County Chicken" line was kind of dumb, but I liked the intensity from Mark Briscoe.

Liger is still one hell of a worker. Castle's doing pretty well so far.

I'm starting to think all the posing and such is to cover for Castle only being a so-so worker, like the Masterpiece gimmick and when David Otunga did it.

Castle was pretty impressive after I said that.

Awesome match overall. It was a treat seeing Liger compete in 2015. You'd think ROH would want their guy to win, but it needs to be an even feud with NJPW.

Fine post-match. The "Code of Honor" mentality is something it'll take some getting used to. I'm generally a fan of the sports entertainment approach.

That's a pretty good endorsement of Cheeseburger.

I like the story of the angry veteran against the plucky youngster.

I mostly liked the match overall. I think I've had my fill of "cool spots" in one show.

Good promo from Jay Lethal. I like him.

Good video to show the backstory of Lethal vs. Briscoe. Continuity is really important on an episodic show.

Fine counter-promo by Jay Briscoe. I can see why the company didn't want to lose the Briscoes. They're all over the show tonight.

Nice start to the main event. It's good to switch things up.

Crazy sequence with the teased spike piledriver. Damn. I can see why WWE doesn't use that move.

I like the teamwork of the Bullet Club. They've obviously worked together a good deal lately.

I'm starting to hate this Taven guy. I feel like every indie guy does this same shit.

Fine ending, although that's the second no contest tonight out of four matches. I was under the impression that stuff belonged in "lolTNA" and "lolWWE," not the glorious ROH the super-intelligent non-plebs and non-marks watch.

Pretty intense post-match. Good to see Taven go through the chairs, though.

NXT:
It's still kind of funny to me we'll see Joe wrestle on NXT and ROH this month.

I feel sorry for Zack Ryder for being "demoted" to NXT, but I think that's a good use for him.

I remember being glad when Mojo was written off. But he's been gone enough time for him to "earn another chance" to show what he can do.

Mojo does look like he's gotten in better shape. He's definitely made progress on that front.

This match feels like something on Superstars instead of the same show as Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe, BUT it's good to have some variety on the show. NXT is going through kind of a "puberty" stage between developmental and the "super-indie."

That was a pretty cool ending. Mojo was impressive from a conditioning standpoint. It was good for him to have time away from the grind to refresh.

Cool Balor video. I think we're in for a new era in a way with him as champion. How many months have we seen Owens vs. Zayn now? It's great, but it's nice to have something new.

It's been nice to have a break from Dana Brooke wrestling. She still needs practice.

What I love about NXT is something like "Blue Pants" can become a gimmick and the fans love it.

Another thing I love about NXT? Emma's character arc in becoming a heel. That was a good open to the match.

Good match overall. Heel Emma has been a treat.

Good promo from Enzo, Cass, and Carmella. I hope they're a success on the main event.

Bull looks a little slimmer. That's good.

Breeze as the veteran guy who's just below the title level is good. I do think he can be champion by the end of 2015/early 2016 before eventually being called up.

Bull being too out of shape to catch Breeze was kind of funny. I'm sure he's not that winded after working that long at the WWEPC.

Fine ending. I'm trying to think how hard I'd mark if they did an angle of Bull working out with his old trainer, Taz.

Looking forward to seeing Becky again.

I much prefer Steampunk Becky to Irish Jig Becky.

How long until this other Australian chick is involved with Emma in some way?

The move before the armbar was a little silly, but Becky's obviously quite talented. Jessie's still green, but I hope she does OK. I'd like to see someone like, say, Victoria come to NXT in a Rhyno/Brian Kendrick kind of deal to work with the likes of Becky and Sasha.

I really hope this isn't a cruel rib on Bull.

Dempsey making use of his wrestling gear to hide food was pretty funny.

I was fine with that Jordan/Gable segment. I'm glad we're seeing some new faces get to develop.

The NXT audience needs to teach places like Corpus Christi how to actually chant during matches.

That was a good match as far as showing Corbin can be a big, dominating guy. Are we seeing the early work of the next Kane?

Scott Dawson's no slouch, as was said.

I figured Joe was going to run through someone in about eight seconds to show his dominance. This is better from a wrestling perspective.

I wonder how many people watching NXT hadn't seen Joe previously.

Welcome to WWE, Joe.

Who would have thought, three years ago, we'd be seeing Kevin Steen feud with Samoa Joe in WWE?

Owens is such a smug jerk. It's great.

Next week should be another nice show!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment