Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 10/1/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's edition of Impact Wrestling.

It feels weird that we won't be seeing Roode vs. Lashley at BFG, but that PPV is more or less a One Night Only show now.

Pretty good opening segment! TNA's a lot more about the nonstop action these days. I do think there's such a thing as too many talking segments, or those segments going too long.

Aries vs. Joe was really something incredible. They both work hard. I hope we see more of them in the years to come.

I like the increasing push for EC3 as a heel. Spud's likeable and will make a solid face when they complete the turn.

I'm ready for the tag team title series to wrap up, as good as it's been. TNA's moving into a post-Team 3D era now, and it will be important for The Wolves to build their own legacy without the help of the Attitude Era teams.

I really liked the EC3/Spud/Young segment. They've got a lot of potential with these people.

I liked the match, too. EC3 has been booked pretty impressively. I'm glad we're seeing him live up to his potential.

If Spud does turn face and deck EC3, it'll be quite the moment.

I think the pairing of Anderson and Melendez makes sense. Hopefully it helps out the rookie.

That was an awesome segment/match with Havok and Gail. This has really been built up well.

I thought that segment kind of threw The Wolves under a bus a bit instead of the older teams appreciating their tenacity and such. I think it was better than a total "burial" of the team, though, and there's still a chance for The Wolves to look awesome by winning the final match and getting the respect of the other teams.

MVP vs. Anderson is fine, but that segment kind of took the focus away from the new guy. He should be the long-term project.

I like Gail's intensity. This feud could be pretty great.

I liked Manik vs. Shark Boy well enough. Always fun to see Sharky.

I pretty OK with an end to Team 3D in TNA. The characters have run their course.

MVP and King actually came off somewhat like faces with the booking there. The match itself was OK.

I really enjoyed the Lashley/MVP/Roode segment. Lashley as a face vs. MVP could be quite the encounter.

Gail's one hell of a fighting champion to come back after that. If she retains here, she's officially the Knockouts' John Cena.

Havok was just MADE as a beast competitor. That was really intense, and reminded me in some ways of Cena vs. Lesnar. Great work by both of them.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment