Total Pageviews

Friday, October 31, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 10/30/14

Read on for my take on last night's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
I enjoyed the opening segment. It was simple and got to the point of the match taking place. NXT is very succinct and straightforward, which is appreciated.

The "Russo" route of booking would have had the battle royal end with two members of opposing teams be the final two, then some kind of double-elimination spot leading to those two people getting the title shot together. Then, the two enemies would end up winning the titles. It would be fun in a dumb way.

I liked the battle royal. The Ascension looked good even in defeat. I look forward to seeing more of Itami in the ring. There's a lot of hype for the match booked for the next Takeover special.

Awesome post-match. I can't wait for Itami's partner to arrive and set up the Takeover match. I don't know why he hasn't appeared yet in kayfabe, but it'll be a big pop when he does.

Good promo from Carmella. I like her character so far.

I think Carmella is OK so far. Emma's great, so it was nice for her to help the rookie along.

Bull's a pretty impressive physical specimen. It's really a shame Justin Gabriel doesn't get to do more on the main roster, because he's quite a worker. I hope Dempsey can make it as a worker. Obviously some in WWE love their mastodons.

Interesting set up for a Divas' tag match. As long as the four talents involved are improving and being prepared for the main roster someday, I'm fine with the heel/face turns.

Corbin's gonna kill you. I like his super-squashes. I hope he's got a lot to offer.

I can't say I was really impressed by Louis vs. LeFort. It might be time for one or both to go back to the drawing board and for some new talents to get a chance in their places.

It took a while for Itami to think of someone else to bring, but I can't wait to see how those two team.

I think Zayn and Titus put on a pretty good match. It's obvious Zayn's ready to be called up. I think the next Takeover could be his NXT swan song.

I'm definitely ready for that match next week. WWE's got some impressive young talent working NXT.

Superstars:
Summer Rae and Emma had a pretty good match. I'd much rather see them get TV time than the Bellas. Good work.

I didn't expect and Randy Orton promo on Superstars. I'm curious to see which side he's on at Survivor Series.

Really good match between Kidd and Sin Cara. It's a shame the two of them are stuck working shows like this.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment