Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Raw Reax - 10/27/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I really liked the opening segment. Rollins as a heel vs. Orton as a face could be pretty fun. WWE definitely needs to fill some time between now and the Rumble, and this angle could do that.

Henry vs. Show incoming. I want Rusev to lay them both out. Not because I don't like Henry (in fact, I think he does a great job in front of the camera and behind-the-scenes), but because Rusev is the "emerging star" and should be positioned to make a big impact the way Henry and Show were when they started out in their careers.

Henry just made a face turn as far as I'm concerned. $*%& Big Show. All hail Rusev.

Damn. Henry really rubbed it in. I honestly think Henry vs. Show might need a gimmick to be interesting in 2014, as I don't know how much gas is left in either man's tank.

I do think it's kind of cool to see Henry and Show feud from the standpoint of how long they've been in the company and how their careers have crossed paths during that time. From a match standpoint, I'm not expecting much unless they bring out the plunder.

Nice Roman Reigns promo. Definitely better than the previous one. He's not an amazing performer, but he's got some qualities worth exploring.

Bleh. I hope we're in for something new from the Divas division after Survivor Series. The action's generally good, but it's the same players over and over.

At least Paige vs. Alicia is a new direction. It was nice for Paige to get some heat after coming up short against AJ again.

Somewhat surprisingly, I really liked the Cena/Authority segment. I know we see those names all the time, but this was a different wrinkle to it. It would be easy for WWE to transition to Cena vs. HHH if they so chose, even if it's just for Survivor Series and potentially TLC before Cena vs. Lesnar at the Rumble.

Not a bad tag match, although that was pretty much a heel move from The Usos.

The post-match made sense. This can be a good little feud.

I'm not particularly excited for Kane vs. Ziggler unless it ends in a win for the IC Champ. I think they need to build Ziggler as a serious contender.

Ugh. I'm glad we don't have too many Hogan segments in 2014. He's been doing the same shtick forever.

Nice set up for Ryback returning. I think people will cheer the big guy. Does he feud with Axel at some point?

Good win for Ryback. Hopefully Bo's over enough to survive the recent losses.

Having Henry on MizTV is a nice next step.

Really good Ambrose promo. I'm ready for this feud.

Well, Cesaro's not looking too great lately, positioning-wise. I wish someone else would have been the sacrificial lamb there.

Nice back and forth from Ambrose and Wyatt. They're both really good.

Not a bad match between Nikki and Naomi. If we have to have Total Divas stuff, it's best to keep it in small doses like this.

I'm glad that was a brief post-match. WWE should make this as painless as possible.

Oh, thank goodness. It would make sense for the big monster to get the win over Ziggler, but it's time to pass the torch to guys like Dolph.

Nice segue to the main event!

I really enjoyed the main event, although those two competing at such a high level after the PPV is insane. I like Noble and Mercury as the new Stooges.

Good post-match to start the war as we go into Survivor Series. I look forward to what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment