Total Pageviews

Monday, October 20, 2014

Live event results, WWE cameo, NXT roster note, what's next for Justin Roberts, Taker sighting, former Women's/Divas' Champ returning?, Interviews with former NXT talent/Rollins, RKO trend continues, Muta meets Rock, and Questions on advertising the Network, the future of TNA, GFW, Malenko, and Orton

Here are results from an NXT live event this weekend. There are some talented names there, and I hope they break out in the years to come.

The Boogeyman was at WWE HQ, so I suspect we'll see him pop up in some form or another for Halloween.

Carmella has been officially added to the NXT section of the WWE roster page. I've liked her so far. The key will be making sure she doesn't feel tacked on to a successful act.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Big E and Kofi Kingston teamed up to beat Luke Harper and Erick Rowan in Mexico. I still think the Wyatts are going to be split given the video packages. Big E and Kofi may or may not stick together.

Justin Roberts looks to write a book about his time in WWE. Should be good!

The Undertaker was on the sidelines at the University of Texas football game this weekend. I hope that went well for him and he has time and space to be Mark Calaway in public.

Mickie James teased returning to WWE. I wouldn't count on it outside of training in NXT. AJ vs. Mickie at WM31 would be great, though!

Former NXT talent Joey Cabray talked about his time in WWE and more. The WWE schedule is extremely grueling and not for everyone. Sounds like he's doing well outside of it.

A soccer player celebrated a goal by taking an RKO. You'd think a soccer player would be used to selling exaggerated bumps?

Seth Rollins was interviewed. Is that "future WWE Champion" Seth Rollins? I hope so.

The Great Muta met The Rock while dressed as Hercules to promote Rock's movie releasing there. Rock cutting a promo on Muta would be interesting, but I don't see it happening.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'd assume it was some kind of oversight.

2. It's still entirely possible they stay on TV in 2015, either on Spike or somewhere else. They definitely face difficulties if they don't get a new deal. I'd like to think they'd still try to do live events or something if they don't have TV, but it's really up in the air.

3. I think Jarrett knows what to do better than I do. It would probably be very difficult and expensive to bring in talent from Japan, Mexico, etc. on a regular basis. Distributing various international organizations to the States is at least worth trying, I think. He's not going to out-WWE WWE.

4. It would be pretty petty to bury a wrestler just because they did well in the PWI 500. Wrestling should be about as many people making money as possible.

5. I haven't seen what Randy's thought of the whole thing, but they are quite well put-together.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment