Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Raw Reax - 10/20/14

Read on for my take on last night's Raw.

I mostly liked the opening segment, although I felt it was kind of unnecessary for HHH to put himself over in it. I think we're in for Orton turning face and challenging Brock, which is a good move as far as I'm concerned. I'd much rather see that than another round of Cena/Brock.

I liked the dueling tag team promos ahead of the next match. Little touches like that really add to the presentation.

I liked the six-man tag well enough. Mizdow has been great in a supporting role. I'm glad he's making the most of it.

Nice post-match.

I'm ready for Orton to split from The Authority. Could be a good angle if they do it right.

Good Divas' match, although since Alicia just beat the champ, it sets up her as a challenger. A triple threat would make sense as the next step.

The post-match confirmed Alicia's more or less a chump if she doesn't want to make it a triple threat. Is she just being used by Alicia?

Of course, if Orton beats Lesnar, Rollins can cash in on Orton and become champion. That's clever on his part.

I mostly enjoyed the Orton/Cena/Heyman segment, and think we're really in for a face turn. That said, the segment really painted WWE as being stuck in a previous era. I don't remember anyone in 1999 bragging about how the stars were all the same names from 1987. Also, Cena saying Orton hasn't been relevant since 2002 was stupid. If he's not relevant, why should we pay to see Cena face him? If he's not relevant, but is potentially #1 Contender to the WWE Title, why should we care about Orton vs. Lesnar?

Nice match from Big E and Rusev. I hope Rusev's momentum continues. He could win the Rumble if they keep pushing him. Not that he needs to, though. Rusev vs. Lesnar doesn't make a ton of sense.

I liked the Rusev segment well enough. I hope Show puts him over at the PPV.

Interesting stuff with Show. I think they've told a good story here.

Not a bad Ambrose/Cena segment. I'm sure people are taking issue with Ambrose teaming with Cena, but it hasn't been too odd of a pairing.

Fine match between Brie and Summer Rae. I'm not looking forward to Brie vs. Nikki.

I mostly liked the Ambrose/Rollins/Foley segment. It was a little silly with the dummy, but I think the match will be outstanding.

Pretty good match between Cesaro and Ziggler. I think they could headline PPVs someday if WWE treats them right.

Good post-match. I guess we're in for a title match between them at HIAC. Should be great.

I liked the backstage promo. Kane can still be a presence.

I look forward to MizdowTV, although we more or less know how it will end.

I have no clue what this Wyatt Family stuff is about, but I'm intrigued. That should be the goal with segments like that.

That was a pretty awesome main event. Everyone worked pretty hard to make it into a war. I got Attitude Era vibes.

Awesome post-match. Orton vs. Rollins should be pretty good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment