Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Smackdown guest, Smackdown dark match, HIAC main events, Interviews with Rollins/Stephanie, former IC Champ back on TV?, Wyatts future, tour the Performance Center, more on Linda's charity, more on first GFW PPV, Questions on Adam Rose, PPV vs. TV, Kane, Ambrose, and the live TV experience

WWE Hall of Famer Bob Uecker was in attendance at Smackdown. He's pretty popular in the area.

Smackdown's dark match featured the Wyatt Family as a group, which got a nice reaction. I'm not really sure how much more they can accomplish as a trio, but I love the gimmick. My hope is Harper and Wyatt in particular have great futures.

The main event for Hell in a Cell looks to be the winner of John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose taking on Seth Rollins inside the Cell. I wonder where this leaves Orton and Kane, but I'm looking forward to that.

Seth Rollins talked about wrestling in front of his home town at a WWE live event. Him being a full-time wrestler while having a school is insane.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Curtis Axel teased returning to TV. I like Axel well enough as a wrestler, but I can't say I've really missed him to a big degree.

As alluded to earlier, WWE is splitting the Wyatt Family. All three men will go their separate ways. I really hope WWE is going to do right by them and they don't all end up jobbing to Cena and Big Show. All three can potentially make WWE money if used correctly.

WWE is in the process of making fantasy camps for the Performance Center. Single-day VIP events could also be possible. That'd be pretty cool here and there, but it's important to remember the center is for training, not just touring.

Here's footage of Linda McMahon at the center she just donated $500,000 to. That's pretty serious money!

The first GFW PPV will be titled "GFW Presents New Japan's WrestleKingdom". So NJPW will still more or less get credit for their event. I'm curious to see what GFW ultimately becomes, and how it changes the wrestling business.

Here's the poster for Survivor Series. Very generic as far as not featuring any superstars. Where the hell is BROCK LESNAR? Seth Rollins? Dean Ambrose? I don't see how this poster would get anyone not already sold on the event to purchase it.

Stephanie McMahon talked about working in Chicago and more. She's pretty good at turning interviews the way she wants to take them. Media literacy and separating fact from fiction is crucial in this day and age, and I'm glad in that sense they tell kids is just a TV show and to not actually bully anyone.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think the character has been successful as a lower-level comedy act, which is all it really needs to be.

2. WWE wants to keep making that sweet NBC Universal money, and the bosses there want the ratings from PPV rematches. It does create issues as far as drawing money from PPVs, but that's the reality of the situation WWE's in right now.

3. I think in kayfabe Kane has given up trying to be that destructive monster and accepted his role as a corporate lackey. The losses to Bryan and Reigns have probably hurt his belief of being indestructible.

4. I definitely see comparisons and think Ambrose can be a big deal. I hope there are other, similarly successful future stars on the main roster and down in NXT.

5. I definitely think WWE should do things to keep the live fans' interest during commercial breaks. It would probably help keep the crowd hot. Maybe they don't want to give away free stuff in their current financial situation? I know they don't want to spend money on big PPV sets and pyro.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment