Total Pageviews

Monday, October 13, 2014

TNA Bound For Glory Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's TNA PPV.
I liked the opening match a good deal, but it didn't look great from TNA's perspective for Manik to job clean to a W1 guy. It's unrealistic to expect TNA to go over in every match tonight, but on "their" big show, it doesn't do Manik any favors to lose to someone he might never get his heat back on. TNA's already taped a good deal in advance, so it could be 2015 before Manik would get a chance to get revenge.

Team 3D, Rick Steiner, and Road Warrior Animal are all legends. In some ways, it's cool we got to see those names work more matches in TNA than we would have seen otherwise. It hasn't all been bad with using older names.

I really liked the EC3 promo. I'm glad there's some continuity with the main TNA angles tonight. I can't wait to see the next chapter in Carter's career.

Awesome in-ring promo from EC3 as well. He's one of the few performers who's really worth going out of your way to see in TNA.

Blehhhh. I think that match could have been better with more wrestling and less references to sumo and Rikishi. Glad EC3 got the win, though. His work was fine.

I mostly liked MVP's promo putting over Japan as a place to wrestle. I would have liked for him to put over his opponent more or for Sakamoto to have a rebuttal, but I'd rather MVP look strong at the end of the show than worry about the W1 guy getting over on a TNA card.

I liked seeing what MVP can do in a different kind of environment. He's also been worth checking out in TNA, and I'm glad we've been seeing him there.

Pretty awesome Joe promo. I was under the impression he was hurt and couldn't compete here.

That was a really good X-Division match. Joe and Low Ki are two guys worth keeping and pushing.

Really good post-match promo from Joe. I hope he's a top-tier player in 2015.

Cool Dreamer promo. Dreamer will be appearing on upcoming episodes of Impact, so this isn't his last hurrah as far as that goes. I do wonder if we'll see him in a TNA ring after that, but I think TNA's in for a shuffling of the deck come 2015 given who will be gone. A lot of changes are possible in the coming months.

That was a pretty awesome W1 match. I hope TNA brings some of these names to the States for some matches. Using W1 talent here could really supplement things.

That was a pretty cool moment for Team 3D. I'm glad TNA and 3D worked things out for them to be inducted. It's a nice cap to their run in the company, which has added to their legacy overall.

I enjoyed the big hardcore match for what it was. Sometimes it's fun to just see a bunch of carnage and weapons. That was a nice sendoff for 3D and potentially Dreamer as an in-ring competitor for TNA (the already-taped episodes of Impact notwithstanding).

Awesome post-match promo, but that could just be me being caught up in the moment of their run ending. I'm not shocked TNA edited out the challenge to Bullet Club! I wouldn't be surprised if there was heat on 3D for making it in a rival promotion.

I liked the Velvet promo well enough. I'm curious to see how long she stays with TNA now that Bully's leaving.

That was a pretty good match for the Knockouts Title, psychology-wise. I didn't see any way Velvet was going to walk out with the title. Nor should she have.

I really liked the Storm promo. He's also been quite the good character as a heel.

Good pre-match promo from Storm. I guess this match is bigger in Japan than 3D's final TNA match.

I think the main event was about as good as it was going to be given what's left in the tank for Tajiri and Muta. I liked the story they told and it was something big for the W1 fans in attendance.

That was a pretty good ending for things, although it didn't really do anything for the people who will be part of TNA for the future. Devon will be on some upcoming shows, but he's done contractually and Tajiri and Muta aren't currently set for any other TNA events.

All in all, the show was fine for a special TNA/W1 event featuring the final appearance of 3D as a team. It will be up to what's been taped for the next few weeks to get momentum going again for TNA as a brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment