Total Pageviews

Friday, October 3, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 10/2/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
Charlotte is already better than some Divas on the main roster. Bayley's pretty good herself so this made for quite the match. Both are doing well, and I hope both become successful on the main roster.

Nice post-match. Is Charlotte turning face? A feud with Sasha could be fun.

Really awesome angle between The Ascension and Itami. I look forward to this one coming to a head.

Fun training session video with Enzo, Big Cass, and Carmella. My guess is Carmella won't end up being SAWFT.

In case you didn't know McLain had been released, that match was the nail in the coffin for his NXT career. He got REKT by the new monster of developmental. Corbin vs. Dempsey could really be something if they have the technique necessary to pull it off.

I liked the Tyson Kidd promo. He's been great lately.

I liked the segment setting up a tag match next week. I wonder if Carmella will be involved?

Nice tag match to showcase the Vaudevillains. I think there's potential there, but I wouldn't put them on the path to be brought to the main roster just yet.

Good Itami/Funaki segment. I think I'd be OK with a few matches from the latter if it promotes the overall agenda of NXT (building guys like The Ascension and Itami).

Good segment with Bayley and Sasha to move us to the next stage of Charlotte's reign. I look forward to the former BFFs clashing.

Absolutely awesome main event. I'm thrilled with how things are going in NXT. Both Zayn and Neville have futures on the main roster, and they should have quite the feud for the belt before they get called up.

Superstars:
I really liked Kofi vs. Sin Cara. Both men are pretty good in the ring.

Lots of video packages as always...

I liked Jimmy vs. Stardust well enough. I think the reign of Stardust and Goldust (who really need a team name) could be pretty good.

More wrestling coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Mizdow (as he's now officially called) has been amazing as far as how adaptable he's been in his different roles. He's someone who really gives it his all no matter what role he's in. I remember him doing interviews in-character as Sandow (like Rhodes does now as Stardust), and even during the impersonation gimmick. That adaptability is a big plus in WWE, and he might actually prefer to do the comedy stuff.

    Him being that good at it and that entertaining is great for him keeping the role he has now, but I don't know how good it is for him breaking out of it and becoming a more serious threat.

    Being "injured" in a similar manner as Miz was great for him being into his character, and I think giving that kind of effort is appreciated. I don't think they'd keep putting him in that role if it wasn't entertaining/impressing people.

    ReplyDelete