Total Pageviews

Monday, October 6, 2014

Live event notes (including an NXT show), Interview with Rose, and Questions on the Wyatts, Kim-TNA, and TNA TV

At this weekend's main roster live events, Sami Zayn beat Tyson Kidd. The Wyatt Family also teamed in a loss to Big Show and the Usos. Zayn's worked quite a few live events and dark matches, so I wouldn't assume he's coming to the main roster anytime soon. I think the Wyatts are still set to break up soon. Live events are more or less "non-canon" in that regard.

Update: Another live event had Rowan and Harper team in a loss to the Usos, while Bray Wyatt lost to Sheamus. I believe all three members of the Family will become singles names in the near future. I'm curious to see how that works out.

Update: Another live event featured Adrian Neville beating Tyler Breeze for the NXT Championship, as well as the team of Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston teaming as faces with Big E in their corner. I'm glad the NXT names are getting experience, and WWE keeps trying with that trio. I'm eager to see the NXT names and that group on the main roster.

Everything else from Saturday is after the break.

Here's a report from an NXT live event. I'd love to see Charlotte vs. AJ!

Adam Rose talked ahead of Raw. I would have liked to have seen Brodus as the Funkasaurus and maybe Santino and Emma as part of the Rosebuds, but that's not happening now. I wouldn't be shocked to see the former Rosita with him in Brooklyn, as she's been a Rosebud at least twice now.

For my take on Saturday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'm curious to see how The Ascension would work with Bray leading them. I know the gimmicks are different, but I think it could work. It would be interesting to see how it would work to use some lower-card names like Axel, but they risk bringing Wyatt down to that level instead of elevating the talent he's put with. I'm willing to see what things will look like with the current incarnation of the Wyatts splitting. WWE should be able to put them back together if it doesn't work out.

2. TNA's kind of throwing things together for the show, I think. It wouldn't surprise me if Bully Ray worked Velvet getting on the card into his deal to appear there. TNA probably didn't want the added expense of flying Gail there for a three-way dance. TNA also has to work with what Wrestle-1 wants and doesn't want for the show, so that might play a part. The Knockouts division could really use Gail, but obviously the company's in a tight spot right now.

3. If they're really done with their tapings for 2014, we're in for a number of clip shows at the end of the year. That almost certainly means a decreasing audience for their last (currently-scheduled) shows on Spike.

Nothing to add to 4 or 5.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment